Hamburg Institute for Social Research Three PhD Scholarships for International Students in Germany are open apply now. The Hamburg Institute for Social Research is calling applications for up to Three PhD Scholarships – Monetary Orders in Capitalist Modernity. Scholarships are available for international students.
The scholarships will be awarded for innovative project ideas that deal with empirical cases to critically engage in these theoretical debates and seek to articulate independent positions.
Three PhD Scholarships for International Students in Germany Description
- Applications Deadline: November 18, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The Hamburg Institute for Social Research is offering up to three scholarships for doctoral projects that seek to analyze empirical phenomena of monetary (dis-)orders with the aim of further developing debates on monetary theory. Proposals should focus on studying empirical phenomena that have not yet been considered by research or be dedicated to re-visiting previously explored issues and empirical evidence with new theoretical equipment. Of course, the ideas themselves can also become the subject of observation, provided that this is done with reference to monetary realities.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarships carry a monthly stipend of 1400 Euro. This is a base amount. Scholarship recipients will receive supplements for one or more children and may be eligible for further supplements. Detailed information can be found here. The scholarships will be awarded for two years with an option for an extension of up to two further years.
- Nationality: Scholarships are available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Three scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Three PhD Scholarships for International Students in Germany
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants must have an above-average degree in sociology, history, cultural studies, political science, economics, or a related discipline.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Three PhD Scholarships for International Students in Germany Application Procedure
How to Apply: Applications with cover letter, curriculum vitae, an academic work sample (master thesis, term paper), certificates and transcripts showing grades for all courses completed, and an outline of the proposed doctoral project or a collection of sketches of ideas (five pages maximum) must be submitted in a single PDF document by e-mail to monetary-orders(at)his-online.de. The closing date for applications is 18 November 2018. The earliest date for funding is 1 March 2019.