HBHL Postdoctoral Fellowship Program at McGill University in Canada are open apply now. The Healthy Brains for Healthy Lives (HBHL) is offering Postdoctoral Fellowship Program starting as early as March 1, 2019, and no later than October 1, 2019 at McGill University in Canada. The competition is open to both Canadian and foreign applicants.
The Healthy Brains for Healthy Lives (HBHL) initiative is a high profile, high priority multidisciplinary and cross-sectoral program located at McGill University made possible with support from the Canada First Research Excellence Fund (CFREF).
The Healthy Brains for Healthy Lives (HBHL) initiative is a high profile, high priority multidisciplinary and cross-sectoral initiative located at McGill University made possible with support from the Canada First Research Excellence Fund (CFREF), Quebec’s Ministère de l’Économie, de la Science et de l’Innovation (MESI), and the Fonds de recherche du Quebec (FRQS, FRQSC and FRQNT).
HBHL Postdoctoral Fellowship Program at McGill University in Canada Description
- Applications Deadline: January 10, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: HBHL’s Postdoctoral Fellowships Program aims to recruit top postdoctoral fellows from across disciplines and around the world to participate in interdisciplinary and cross-sectoral research training opportunities related to brain and mental health research, knowledge translation/mobilization and innovation.
- Scholarship Award: Each fellowship is 60,000 CAD (+benefits) per year.
- Nationality: The competition is open to both Canadian and foreign applicants.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 8 fellowships will be awarded in this round.
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the HBHL Postdoctoral Fellowship Program at McGill University in Canada
Eligible Countries: The competition is open to both Canadian and foreign applicants.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must normally have obtained their Ph.D. or equivalent (including a recognized health professional degree plus a medical specialty) at a university or institution other than McGill University. In certain circumstances, an HBHL postdoctoral fellowship may be awarded to an applicant who is staying at McGill within the same research environment where they completed their Ph.D. or equivalent. In such cases, a solid justification must be provided. Examples of valid justifications are scientific reasons (e.g., availability of specialized equipment/infrastructure or candidate’s unique expertise), medical reasons (e.g., proximity to required health care facilities), or family reasons (e.g., family obligations, a spouse’s career) which make it necessary to remain at McGill for both the PhD or equivalent and postdoctoral studies.
- Applicants must have obtained their PhD or equivalent by the award start date, and no more than 2 years prior to the award start date. The window of eligibility may be extended by a cumulative maximum of two years if the applicant had their career interrupted for reasons such as parental leave, illness and health-related family responsibilities. Please describe and justify any delay that would qualify you for an extension of the eligibility period.
- The competition is open to both Canadian and foreign applicants. Candidates may consult the Researcher Database to identify potential supervisors and contact them directly. However, potential supervisors are not limited to those in this database.
- The proposed research project must be aligned with HBHL’s goals and research priorities and tie in to at least one of HBHL’s four Research Themes.
- Applicants must be registered as a Postdoc at McGill University by the start date of the award. Successful applicants will be considered Postdoctoral Researchers (Group C).
- The applicant cannot concurrently hold an HBHL award and a fellowship from another Canadian federal or provincial funding agency, or a McGill internal fellowship. However, fellowships from private foundations or organizations may be held concurrently.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
HBHL Postdoctoral Fellowship Program at McGill University in Canada Application Procedure
How to Apply: The application package is available on the HBHL website. Applicants must register on the HBHL fellowships submission webpage (http://hbhl.research.mcgill.ca) to receive a link by email to upload the completed form and attachments (in PDF format) before January 10, 2019, 5:00 pm EST. The supervisor and referees will also receive a link by email to upload their letters of recommendation. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be accepted.