The Edmond and Lily Safra Center for Brain Sciences at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem is offering Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Program in Brain Sciences. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
ELSC goal is to develop new insights into the mechanisms underlying normal brain function and brain dysfunction.
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem has launched the new Edmond and Lily Safra Center for Brain Sciences, which aspires to revolutionize current neuroscience research. The Center will bring together a powerful interdisciplinary team of top scientists to explore the relationships between gene function, brain neuronal circuits, and behavior.
Hebrew University of Jerusalem Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Fellowship in Israel Description:
- Applications Deadline: The applications will be reviewed twice a year. The application deadlines are as follows: November 30 and May 1
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Brain Sciences.
- Scholarship Award:
- Generous Postdoctoral scholarships are granted to ELSC international fellows, for a period of two years with an option to extend.
- A post-doctoral fellowship will not begin more than five years after the approval of the candidate’s doctoral thesis.
|Level of Fellowship||Maximum Payment per month|
|Level 4 (Up to 2 years from Doctorate degree)||9908.25 NIS|
|Level 5 (2 years and on from Doctorate degree)||10449.25 NIS|
- Stipends paid to Post-doctoral Fellows are considered by the Authorities in Israel as grants and are free of any tax in Israel
- Please note that international fellows are required to obtain an A2 student visa prior to taking up the fellowship at the Hebrew University. For assistance in this matter please contact brain-at-elsc.huji.ac.il.
- All the intellectual rights pertaining to any invention developed by a Fellow as a result of or in the course of his/her research work at the Hebrew University and/or resulting from the use of University laboratories or property shall entirely belong to the University. The Fellow will be entitled to royalties deriving from patent registration of any such invention, as prescribed in the University Regulations
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Israel
Eligibility for the Hebrew University of Jerusalem Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Fellowship in Israel:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this programme.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The successful candidate will demonstrate a record of excellence in his/her field. Applicants are expected to work closely with other research teams and develop a solid theoretical and computational foundation in their area of research. Specific emphasis will be placed on interdisciplinary research that uses molecular, optical and electrophysiological methods for manipulating neuronal networks that are directly related to specific behaviors.
- Students in an accredited institution of higher education whose PhD training and postdoctoral projects are in the field of Brain Sciences.
- Students whose Doctoral degree has been submitted in the current year of applying or will be approved by the following year.
- Prospective applicants are required to have a host from the ELSC’s PIs
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for Hebrew University of Jerusalem Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Fellowship in Israel:
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.