Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship program has been launched by the Prime Minister for students from low-income families on Monday, November 4, 2019. Ehsaas Scholarship Programme is the largest need-based undergraduate scholarship programme in the history of Pakistan
It is the largest ever scholarship program in the history of Pakistan. The PM Imran Khan announced 200,000 scholarships will be given in upcoming four years’ time. Every year 50,000 scholarships will be awarded to the talented and needy students of the country for the 4 – 5 years undergraduate degree programme.
Ehsaas scholarship is a major initiative to enhance access to higher education. The government wishes to ensure that no student is deprived of education because of financial need. It is a program for high achievers from low-income families.
Students with special needs as well as those from remote and disadvantaged areas are especially encouraged to apply.
Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship program will cover
- 100% tuition fee
- Annual living stipend of Rs. 40,000/-
Who can apply for Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship program
- Students with family income less than 45,000/-
- Studying in any year of undergraduate programme in public sector university.
- 50% scholarships are reserved for women
- 2% scholarships are reserved for students with disabilities.
Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship program Selection Criteria
- Merit and needs-based (Based on students GPA and family income)
Universities Covered under Ehsaas Scholarships
- Students of all public sector universities who fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- All four provinces
- Gilgit Baltistan
How long students can avail Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship program
- Academic progress and performance will be monitored.
- Subject to satisfactory academic progress students will continue to receive scholarship throughout their undergraduate programme.
How will the tuition fee and stipend be paid
- Tuition fee will be paid directly to the universities.
- Living stipend will be paid in the bank account of the student after necessary verification.
How Transparency be ensured
- Details of scholarships will be available on the Ehsaas as well as HEC web-portal.
Difference between Ehsaas Scholarship and other programmes in country
- This programme represents three major paradigm shifts in the scholarship policy of the government. First, this is the largest-ever needs-based scholarship program. It is reserved for students from low-income families, in order to enable them to aspire for higher education. Only a very small percentage of previous scholarships given by the government/HEC were needs-based.
- Second, it is the largest-ever national scholarship program. In the last 14 years, HEC has awarded a total of 30,000 undergraduate scholarships, while this scheme will give 50,000 scholarships, every year.
- Third, this scholarship focuses on enhancing the earning potential of the recipients. Past scholarships were aimed at postgraduate programs, i.e., they assumed that students would pay for undergraduate education on their own. The Ehsaas scholarship funds under-graduate education, which is the surest way to enable people to rise out of poverty, and which contributes the most to income generating potential.
Funding envelop for this program
- Annually a minimum of Rs.5 billion will be allocated to this programme.
How to apply for Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship
- Visit official website of Higher Education Commission to apply on line.
- Completed forms along with necessary documents can also be submitted to Financial Aid Office of the universities.
- Do not send application directly to HEC or BISP
Last Date for Applying
- December 10, 2019
APPLY ONLINE HERE
Under this program at least 50,000 scholarships will be given to the deserving students annually.
About 50 percent of scholarships will be given to the female students.