Hecht-Levi Postdoctoral Fellowship and Ruth Faden Scholars Program at Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics in USA are open apply now. The Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics is happy to announce two types of fellowships i.e. Hecht-Levi Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in Bioethics and Ruth Faden Scholars Program to begin in September 2019.
The main goal of the Fellowship is to launch the careers of the next generation of bioethics scholars, so the program offers a considerable amount of protected time for research and publication.
The Berman Institute is a world leader in bioethics. The institute vision is to achieve more ethical practices and policies relevant to human health.
Hecht-Levi Postdoctoral Fellowship and Ruth Faden Scholars Program at Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics in USA Description
- Applications Deadline: December 15, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programs.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to study in Bioethics.
- Scholarship Award: Hecht-Levi Postdoctoral Fellows have access to a wide range of benefits and activities in multiple schools at Johns Hopkins, including:
- Weekly seminars, presentations and discussions with leading academic and policy makers
- Individualized research program
- Bioethics coursework through the Berman Institute’s Master in Bioethics program
- Postdoctoral mentoring in bioethics
- Professional development training
- Participation in the Berman Institutes outreach efforts via social media
- Teaching opportunities (commensurate with experience and background)
- $55,000 per year, plus health and other benefits
- A modest discretionary fund for travel to relevant conferences
- Nationality: Fellowships are available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Hecht-Levi Postdoctoral Fellowship and Ruth Faden Scholars Program at Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics in USA
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The admissions committee is seeking a few uniquely qualified postdoctoral applicants to begin this two-year fellowship in September 2019. Applicants with at least some exposure to Bioethics during their education are encouraged to apply, though an extensive background in bioethics is not required. This admissions process is highly competitive, and only a few applicants are accepted into the program each year.
Additionally, for the first time, we are recruiting candidates for the Ruth Faden Scholars Program (described in greater detail below).
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Hecht-Levi Postdoctoral Fellowship and Ruth Faden Scholars Program at Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics in USA Application Procedure
How to Apply: For Ruth Faden Scholars Program: No separate application is required. Hecht-Levi applicants interested in applying to be a Faden Scholar should provide an additional short statement outlining their relevant interests and achievements. Specifically, the personal statement should address the following questions:
- What is the most significant leadership experience you have had in your life (not limited to bioethics leadership) and how has it shaped you?
- What kinds of leadership experiences do you hope to gain as a Faden Scholar?
Please be prepared to submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Personal statement
- Copy of Graduate Transcript(s)
- Writing Sample
- Three Letters of Reference