Applications are invited for scholarships for the Master in High Performance Computing sponsored by HPC-TRES at National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics in Italy.
The major objectives of the program are: capacity building, enhancement of human resources, and advanced training in the fields of Earth System modelling (atmosphere, hydrosphere, litosphere and biosphere) and numerical models, the latter considered as a strategic cross-cutting element for modelling activities.
OGS, Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e Geofisica Sperimentale (National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics) is an internationally oriented public research institution. The aim is to ease the transfer of the results of the research from the scientific world to that of production and thus contribute to the technological and socio-economic development of the Country.
HPC-TRES Scholarships for Master in High Performance Computing in Italy Description:
- Applications Deadline: July 26, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
- Study Subject: HPC-TRES will award scholarships on the topic “High Performance Computing for Earth Sciences” – “High Performance Computing for Earth Sciences”, for the Scientific Research Section “Oceanography” – OCE of the National Institute of Oceanography and Experimental Geophysics – OGS.
- Scholarship Award: The grant will have duration of 12 months and cannot be renewed automatically. On request from the Tutor, the grant renewal may be proposed by the Director of the Section where the grantee is implementing the research activities to the General Director of OGS. The renewal proposal shall be accompanied by a short report written by the grant holder detailing the implemented activities and which should be countersigned by the Tutor.
- Even in the case of any possible renewals, the duration of the grant cannot exceed three years.
- The gross annual salary of the research grant, net for charges borne by OGS and including the social security contributions concerning the part borne by the grantee, is equal to € 14.400,00 and shall be paid in monthly installments.
- All expenses connected to travel and living will be reimbursed to the grantee when carrying out research activities out of the OGS headquarters in proportion to the allowance paid to the OGS staff belonging to the III professional level.
- Fiscal and social security regulatory provisions in force are applied to all grants.
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for Italian as well as foreign students.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to two scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the HPC-TRES Scholarships for Master in High Performance Computing in Italy:
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for Italian as well as foreign students.
Entrance Requirements: The requirements for the admission to the public selection are:
- Age 30 or less;
- Degree obtained in accordance with the current legislation before Ministerial Decree no. 509/99 in scientific disciplines or Master’s Degree as per Ministerial Decree no. 270/04 in all assimilated classes pursuant Interministerial Decree dated July 9 2009 and according to the table annexed to the same Decree obtained by Italian Universities or degrees issued by Universities abroad;
- Good knowledge of the English language;
- Knowledge of the Italian language (only for foreign applicants).
In the case of qualifications awarded abroad that have not already been legally recognised in Italy in accordance with the applicable law (as per art. 38 Legislative Decree no. 38 dated March 30 2001, no. 165, which forms is available on the website of the Public Services Department), degree and PhD only for the admission to the selection of the grant may be recognised by the Selection Board. To this end, the candidate shall provide detailed records concerning his/her education to allow the Selection Board to approve the equivalence of his/her foreign qualification.
The admission requirements must be fulfilled at the date of this notice of recruitment.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have good knowledge of the English language. Knowledge of the Italian language (only for foreign applicants).
Application Procedure for HPC-TRES Scholarships for Master in High Performance Computing in Italy:
How to Apply: Application form should be sent via post.