IAS Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students in Germany are open apply now. The Zukunftskolleg an Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) is offering 2-year Postdoctoral Fellowships. The Zukunftskolleg provides researchers with a professional infrastructure and an appropriate workplace for conducting research.
Fellowships are aimed at researchers (at early stage for the 2- year and at advanced stage for the 5-year candidates), which do not yet hold a tenured position.
The Zukunftskolleg is an Institute for Advanced Study (IAS). It offers 2-year and 5-year fellowships as well as a diverse support network to promote the independence of early career researchers. Researchers at the postdoctoral level perform research without administrative constraints and have the freedom to engage in meaningful exchange with other up-and-coming colleagues and with distinguished senior researchers.
IAS Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students in Germany Description
- Applications Deadline: October 15, 2020
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to study Postdoctoral degree prpgramme.
- Study Subject: The call for Fellowships is open to all disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- Scholarship Award: The Fellowship position comprises a fixed-term employment contract with the University of Konstanz for two (2-year Postdoctoral Fellowship) or five years (5-year Research Fellowship) according to the salary scale of the Collective Public Sector Labour Agreement of the German Federal States (TV-L West). Contracts will be offered a full position (100 %) in pay scale E13 for 2-year Fellows and pay scale E14 for 5- year Fellows. The Zukunftskolleg provides them with a professional infrastructure and an appropriate workplace for conducting research. Each fellow receives an annual research allowance, e.g. for funding research assistants or equipment. Furthermore, the Zukunftskolleg gives financial support for start-up, consumables and travel costs, and assists in developing academic skills.
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the IAS Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students in Germany
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: In order to be eligible, candidates must fulfill all eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must have a doctoral degree and have acquired two years of postdoctoral research experience at most
- Applicants cannot hold an academic permanent position, a professorship, or have an habilitation or equivalent (“venia legendi”)
- Applicants must propose a research project that ties in with a discipline represented at the University of Konstanz
- Applicants with their own position funded by another program, which can be transferred to Konstanz, are also eligible.
English Language Requirements: The selection workshop will be in English only. Fluency in German is not required. The general language at the Zukunftskolleg is English.
IAS Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students in Germany Application Procedure
How to Apply: You will be requested to provide the following documents and information for your application:
- Application form
- Motivation letter
- Project outline
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of all relevant degree certificates
- Writing Sample
- Two letters of reference
- Two Peer Reviewers
- A Local Host