The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) TruthBuzz Fellowships for Media Professionals starting in summer 2019, between June-August. Students from Brazil, India, Indonesia, Nigeria and the United States are eligible to apply.
The goal of TruthBuzz: increase audience trust in news media by communicating fact-checked information in a compelling, shareable way. TruthBuzz Fellows will be change-makers who can drive the adoption of new ways of making facts go as viral.
The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) is at the forefront of the news revolution. Our programs empower journalists and engage citizens with new technologies and best practices. ICFJ’s networks of reporters and media entrepreneurs are transforming the field. We believe that better journalism leads to better lives.
ICFJ TruthBuzz Fellowships for Media Professionals in USA Description:
- Application Deadline: April 29, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Media professionals.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered.
- Scholarship Award: During the Fellowship, each Fellow receives an allowance for expenses related to the Fellowship, and a monthly honorarium.
- Nationality: Students from Brazil, India, Indonesia, Nigeria and the United States are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Washington, D.C
Eligibility for the ICFJ TruthBuzz Fellowships for Media Professionals in USA:
Eligible Countries: Students from Brazil, India, Indonesia, Nigeria and the United States are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Experience working in newsrooms
- Experience with multimedia and alternative forms of storytelling
- Sharp audience-engagement and communications skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and demonstrated background in getting projects off the ground
- Experience collaborating with different teams across newsrooms including designers and programmers.
- Experience incorporating the use of social media in news media
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to communicate program results as a speaker, writer
- Strong project- and time-management skills
- Success at replicating, adapting and creating technologies to answer local needs
- Lives and works in one of the target countries
- Training or coaching experience
- Professional proficiency (speaking, reading and writing) in English
- Fluency (speaking, reading and writing) in the local language of the target country/region
- Experience measuring results, such as the impact of content, adoption of technology and audience engagement
- Experience in fact-checking and tackling misinformation
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for ICFJ TruthBuzz Fellowships for Media Professionals in USA:
How to Apply: Applications, CVs and resumes should be in English. Relevant work samples or supporting material for project proposals may be in the applicant’s native language. To become a Fellow, professional proficiency in English is required.