The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya is inviting applications for ICPAK Accounting & Finance (ICPAK A & F) Scholarships.
The scholarship aimed at granting university education opportunities to academically gifted yet financially disadvantaged young Kenyans pursuing training in accounting and finance related courses.
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is a professional body for certified public accountants (CPAs) in Kenya. ICPAK is a full member of the International Federation of Accountants and the Pan African Federation of Accounting.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing training programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of accounting and finance.
Scholarship Award: Under this, scholars benefit from;
- Tuition fees for four years
- Basic hostel accommodation
- Pocket money to cater for transport and daily upkeep.
Scholarship can be taken in Kenya
Eligibility: The ICPAK Scholarship targets high achieving needy students identified by assessing their performance at the nationally administered Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education Examinations (KCSE). The Scholarship Implementation Committee uses the following selection criteria in identifying beneficiaries.
- Applicant must have been studying at a public secondary school in Kenya
- Must be academically promising – Prospective scholars should belong to the top 10% of the most talented students in their school years, determined by their primary and secondary school academic achievement reports. They must have qualified with a minimum of B+ and above in the 2019 KCSE examinations.
- Must have been admitted to a local public university in Kenya.
- Applicant must be from a financially disadvantaged family that is unable to support university education. This is assessed through school recommendations, interviews, and, in some cases, visits to their local homes.
Nationality: Citizens of Kenya are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have qualified with a minimum of B+ and above in the 2019 KCSE examinations.
How to Apply: The ICPAK Scholarship is characterized by transparency and inclusivity. Application forms are available from the ICPAK website and from our Secretariat offices. Rigorous selection is then conducted by the Scholarship Implementation Committee whose mandate includes the selection of the beneficiaries as well as tracking their academic performance and the general welfare once admitted in the program. Upon receipt of applications, the Committee reviews shortlists and interviews to select students to receive the scholarship. All applications must be filed and submitted as required to be considered. Applicants are required to submit the following;
- A duly filled application form
- KCSE result slip of the applicant
- Copy of birth certificate
- University admission letter, including fees structure
- A brief statement indicating why the applicant/family is deemed needy.
- Any other document to support financial incapability (e.g pay slip, death certificate, letter from the applicant’s Chief etc) which may aid the process.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 13, 2019.