The ICSSR invites research proposals from Indian scholars engaged in social science research who may require visiting Thailand for the collection of research material, consultation and interaction with experts, etc. for their specific research.
The ICSSR not only sponsors Indian social scientists to visit other countries but also entertains foreign scholars under the Exchange Programmes. The purpose of such visits is to enable social scientists to collect research material, deliver lectures, participate in seminars, consult libraries and interact with social scientists.
Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) was established in the year of 1969 by the Government of India to promote research in social sciences in the country. The Council aims to review the progress of social science research and give advice to its users; sponsor social science research programmes and projects and administer grants to institutions and individuals for research in social sciences.
ICSSR-NRCT Bilateral Programme Call for Applications for the year Description:
- Applications Deadline: August 6, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: The theme of the research proposal should be based on the following themes related to India-Thailand joint interests/concerns:
- Community Development with a special reference to the grassroots level
- Economics and trade relations
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, exports and Intellectual property rights
- National and Human Security
- The scholars will make their own travel arrangements i.e. air ticket(s), visa, etc.
- The expenditure on air travel, visa fee, travel insurance, internal travel in India will be released on submission of the original boarding pass, receipts of airfare, travel insurance & international travel in India along with the detailed report on the work done on completion of the visit.
- After the visit is completed, the scholar is required to submit:-
(a) A detailed report on the work done on the meeting with scholars, visits to research institutes, libraries and archives, etc.
(b) If any publications either through Monographs/Book brought out from the collection of research material, consultation and interaction with experts, etc., the ICSSR’s funding should be duly acknowledged and a copy of the publication should be sent to the ICSSR.
- If a scholar fails to submit a detailed report on the work done to ICSSR, he/she will not be eligible for support under any of the Schemes of ICSSR in future.
- Applications for the second award will be entertained only after a gap of three years period.
- Financial Assistance under the Scheme is available to a scholar only twice, in his/her lifetime.
- Nationality: Indian scholars are eligible to apply for this programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Thailand
Eligibility for the ICSSR-NRCT Bilateral Programme Call for Applications for the year:
Eligible Countries: Indian scholars are eligible to apply for this programme.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- All applications for financial assistance have to be made on the prescribed application form for Cultural Exchange Programme attached with these guidelines, along with all the following annexures and enclosures as required under the application form:-
Annexure I: Abstract of the proposal for visits under the Cultural Exchange Programme
Annexure II: Brief Academic C.V. of the applicant
Annexure III: Full-length proposal for which assistance is sought – not exceeding 5000 words. The proposal should contain, formulation of the problem to be studied, spelling out the research questions and objectives, conceptual/theoretical issues and research design.
Annexure IV: Duly attested SC/ST/ Persons with Benchmark Disability certificate, if applicable
Annexure V: Work Plan indicating the names of the persons and institutions one would like to meet/visit along with copies of correspondence already exchanged with them in connection with the research work.
Annexure VI: Format for forwarding of application through the institution concerned.
- All application forms have to be submitted in soft copy either through email or online as the case may be, and subsequently, a hard copy of the application along with annexures and enclosure is also required to be sent, which must be duly forwarded on the prescribed format with signatures of the Head of the organization.
- Applications for visits under the Scheme are invited as per the provisions of the agreements with partner organizations in other countries. Applications under this programme, are invited through an open call in the ICSSR Website — www.icssr.org
- Incomplete applications and those not duly forwarded shall liable to be considered.
English Language Requirements: Scholars who have knowledge of the language of the host country are eligible.
Application Procedure for ICSSR-NRCT Bilateral Programme Call for Applications for the year:
How to Apply: Completed application in all respect and duly forwarded by the Head of the Institution may be addressed to Incharge International Collaboration Division, Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), JNU Institutional Area, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110067, so as to reach on or before 6th August 2019. Incomplete applications will not be entertained. The application with enclosures may also be sent at e-mail: adinchargeics-at-gmail.com.