Indian Engineering Olympiad are open apply now. Indian Engineering Olympiad is a competitive aptitude exam. It is conducted on the national level to provide a competitive ranking of the engineering students on the national level. Students from various engineering colleges including the top-ranked colleges take up this exam to prove their engineering Intelligence Quotient in engineering.
The Indian Engineering Olympiad has been started by the Thinkcell Private Limited in 2015. Since then two editions of the Indian Engineering Olympiad have been organized successfully and the applications for the 3rd edition of the IEO 2019 has been invited.
Indian Engineering Olympiad, IEO 2019 is an initiative by Thinkcell learning solutions is a national level platform for engineering students to show their skills in their respective branch. It offers a real test of engineering aptitude for the engineering students in their respective fields.
IEO 2019 exam is scheduled to be conducted on February 25, 2019, across more than 65 centers in India. The registration for the aptitude test is open. More than 1,80,000 students from the engineering colleges across the country are expected to take part in the third edition of Indian Engineering Olympiad to test their skills against each other.
Candidates who are willing to appear in the aptitude test will have to register before the deadline for registration i.e January 28. IEO 2019 is a 90 minutes paper-based exam that will test students in the second, third & final year of engineering on aptitude and technical knowledge in their respective streams.
Interested and eligible students can register for IEO 2019 by filling an online form and paying a registration fee of Rs 100/-. Aspiring candidates can click on the below-given registration link and register directly for IEO 2019.
Indian Engineering Olympiad (IEO): Quick Overview
|Deadline||28 Jan 2019|
|Class / Course||Engineering 2-4 Year|
|Scholarship Type||Under Graduate|
|Awarded Amount||Different amount as per marks|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Subscribe Now for Indian Engineering Olympiad (IEO) Latest Updates
IEO18 engineering olympiad results
Read to know about the IEO 2019 in detail.
Scholarship Reward: Students who secure 81 to 100 marks in the Olympiad will get 50% discount, Students who secure 51 to 80 marks will get 30% discount, Students who secure 21 to 50 marks will get 20% discount and 10% discount for all the applicants.
Indian Engineering Olympiad 2019: Important Dates
|Event Name||Important Dates|
|Registration for IEO starts from||29th November 2019|
|Closing date of the applications||4th February 2019|
|15th February 2019|
|IEO 2019 Exam Date||25th February 2019|
|09:30 AM to 11:00 PM
12:00 PM to 01:30 PM
|IEO 2019 Result Announcement||24th March 2019|
Indian Engineering Olympiad 2019: Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant should be an engineering student.
- He/ she should be studying in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of engineering.
- It should be noted that those engineering students who have already completed the course or have graduated are not eligible to apply.
- The applicant should be enrolled in the any AICTE approved engineering colleges of India.
Indian Engineering Olympiad 2019: Benefits
- Students are selected for various sorts of benefits under this IEO 2019 exam.
- Topper Certificates – The top 3 performers in every engineering stream get the ‘Topper Certificate’.
- Medals of Excellence – 100 medals are distributed to the good performers of every engineering stream.
- Certificate for Participation – Students also receive ‘Certificate of Participation’.
- Financial Disbursement/ scholarships– The partners and organisers of the IEO exam give financial scholarships to the participating students.
Indian Engineering Olympiad 2019: How to Apply
- Interested students can apply for the IEO 2019 exam online.
- They should visit the official website of the IEO to apply by clicking on the link – http://ieo18.engineeringolympiad.in/register.php
- The applicants are required to get registered by providing basic details like name, address, contact number, and a valid email id.
- Upon registration, login id and password are sent to the applicant’s registered email id.
- By using these login credentials, applicants can access the IEO 2019 application form.
- He/ she should fill all the specified columns of the application form.
- The applicant should also upload the scanned copies of all required documents.
- At last, the application fee of ₹ 100 should be paid.
- The application fee can be paid online through internet banking, Credit Card, or Debit Card.
- The examination hall-tickets will be sent to the candidate’s registered email id. A candidate should download the hall-ticket and bring it to the examination centre.
- The hall tickets for the IEO 2019 will be sent by 15th February 2019. In case, an applicant does not receive the hall-ticket, he/ she should send an email to the IEO organisers on the email@example.com.
Indian Engineering Olympiad 2019: Examination Pattern
- Number of Section – There are two sections in the question paper. A candidate is required to attempt questions of both the sections.
- Total number of questions – There are total 50 questions.
- Time Allocated – The question paper should be attempted in 90 minutes.
Indian Engineering Olympiad 2019: Syllabus
Syllabus for 2nd year engineering students –
The syllabus for the 2nd year engineering is common for all streams of the engineering students. The papers are as follows –
- Numerical Ability
- Numerical Series and Sequences
- Linear Equations; Number Systems; Percentages
- Profit and loss; Simple interest and Compound Interest
- Averages and Mixtures; Ratio, Proportion and variation; Time, speed and Distance; Time and Work
- Probability, Permutations and combinations
- Verbal Ability
- Synonyms, Antonyms
- English grammar
- Verbal analogies
- Word groups, sentence completion, instructions, verbal deduction and critical reasoning
- Chemical Equilibrium, Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics, Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding, Solutions
- Physical Chemistry: Solid, Gaseous and Liquid States, Energetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry: Isolation/Preparation and Properties of Non-metals- Transition Elements (3D Series)
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Principles of Qualitative Analysis Preparation and Properties of Compounds- Ores and Minerals, Extractive Metallurgy
- Algebra: Sets, Relations and Functions, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Determinants, Complex Numbers
- Exponentials and Logarithms
- Theory of Equations, Mathematical Induction, Permutation and Combination
- Calculus: Limits, Continuity and Differentiability, Application of Derivatives, Definite Integration, Indefinite Integration,
- Geometry: Circles, Ellipse, Parabola, Hyperbola, Pairs of Straight Lines, Triangle and its properties, Three Dimensional Geometry
- Trigonometric Equations
- Trigonometry: Trigonometric Ratios and Identities, Heights and Distances
- Vectors, Differential Equation
- Machines – Work, Energy and Power
- Motion- Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Rotational Motion
- Properties of Matter – Properties of Solids and Liquids, Kinetic Theory of Gases Magnetism and Electromagnetism – Electrostatics, Current Electricity
- Magnetic effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves
- Communication Systems
- Oscillations, Thermodynamics, and Waves
- Atoms and Nuclei, Optics, Electronic Devices
Syllabus for the 3rd year engineering students –
Some of the papers are common for all streams of the 3rd year engineering students. The papers are as follows-
- Number Systems
- Linear Equations
- Simple interest and Compound Interest
- Percentages, Profit and loss
- Time and Work; Time, speed and Distance
- Averages and Mixtures
- Ratio, Proportion and variation
- Numerical Series and Sequences; Permutations and combinations
- Data Sufficiency; Data Interpretation
- Synonyms, Antonym
- English grammar
- Sentence completion
- Verbal analogies, word groups
- Critical reasoning and verbal deduction
- Evaluation of definite and improper integrals
- Mean value theorems, indeterminate forms
- Double and Triple integrals Functions of single variable
- Limits, continuity and differentiability
- Maxima and Minima
- Partial derivatives, Total derivative, Taylor series (in one and two variables)
- Linear Algebra
- Systems of linear equations
- Matrix algebra
- Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- Probability and Statistics
- Sampling theorems
- Conditional probability
- Definitions of probability
- Random variables, Binomial, Poisson and Normal distributions
- Mean, Median, Mode and Standard deviation
- Differential equations
- Euler – Cauchy equation
- First order equations (linear and nonlinear)
- Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients
- Initial and boundary value problems
- Solutions of heat, wave and Laplace’s equations
- Laplace transforms
- Complex variables
- Cauchy -Riemann equations
- Analytic functions
- Cauchy’s integral theorem and integral formula
- Taylor and Laurent series
- Line, Surface and Volume integrals
- Fourier series; Gradient, Divergence and Curl,
- Applications of Gauss, Stokes and Green’s theorems
- Vector identities, Directional derivatives
- Numerical Methods
- Integration by Trapezoidal and Simpson’s rules
- Numerical solutions of non-linear and linear algebraic equations
- Single and Multi-step methods for differential equations
Syllabus for the 4th year engineering students – The syllabus for the various streams of the engineering is different for the 4th year engineering students.