Indiana Homeland Security Foundation Scholarship Program are open apply now. The Indiana Homeland Security (IDHS) Foundation is now accepting applications for the Secure Indiana Scholarship. The program is open to provide higher education financial assistance for Indiana students who wish to pursue a degree.The IDHS offers funds to Indiana students who are pursuing a career in public safety and provides financial support for critical public safety needs across Indiana. Up to 20 students will receive an Indiana Homeland Security Foundation Scholarship Program from the foundation. Full-time students are eligible for $2,000 and part-time students are eligible for $1,000.
The Indiana Department of Homeland Security will provide statewide leadership, exemplary customer service, and subject matter expertise for the enhancement of public and private partnerships and the assurance of local, state and federal collaboration to continually develop Indiana’s public safety capabilities for the wellbeing and protection of our citizens, property, and economy.
Indiana Homeland Security Foundation Scholarship Program Eligibility:
- The applicant must be pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited Indiana college.
- A full-time student with at least twelve (12) credit hours and a part-time student with at least six (6) hours is eligible for scholarship
- An Indiana resident who is an incoming or continuing student who:
- Attends or will be attending an accredited Indiana college.
- Must have a grade point average of 2.8 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Volunteers at a public safety organization such as fire, law enforcement, emergency management or emergency medical services (validated by the chief executive). IDHS will determine compliance eligibility
- Applicants who are state employees or special state appointees ARE NOT eligible for a scholarship
How to Apply for Indiana Homeland Security Foundation Scholarship Program:
To apply for the scholarship, all applications will be processed through the Indiana Grants Management System (iGMS). The link is: https://oas.dhs.in.gov/hs
Indiana Homeland Security Foundation Scholarship Program Supporting Documents:
The application will require the following:
- Include an official college or high school (for incoming freshmen) transcript.
- A recommendation letter from the public safety organization’s chief executive describing the volunteer work completed by the applicant.
- A resume or list of past employment, awards, honors, and/or volunteer/service activities.
- A minimum 500-word essay describing why the applicant is applying for this scholarship and why the applicant believes volunteering is important.
- A completed Vendor Information Form (State Form 53788)
Indiana Homeland Security Foundation Scholarship Program Submitting Details:
If you are interested in submitting an application, contact grants-at-dhs.in.gov and you will be given a vendor form, username, and access to the system.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The Indiana Homeland Security (IDHS) Foundation will be awarded Up to 20 students.
- Full-time students will receive up to $2,000 and part-time students will receive up to $1,000.
- The program funds are intended solely to reimburse eligible student educational expenses.
Indiana Homeland Security Foundation Scholarship Program Application Deadline:
The deadline for the Secure Indiana Scholarship application is August 1, 2018.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions should be directed to Grants Management of the Indiana Department of Homeland Security at grants-at-dhs.in.gov