The Institute of Development Studies (IDS) is offering six scholarships for international (Non-UK/EU) students. These scholarships are awarded to encourage high achieving scholars from the Global South to study for a master’s degree commencing in 2019.
The Institute of Development Studies (IDS) is a leading global institution for development research, teaching and learning, and impact and communications, based at the University of Sussex.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Institute of Development Studies (IDS) Scholarship Description:
- Application Deadline: June 29, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study for a master’s degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Up to £15,500 for fees and up to £11,000 for essential living costs
- Number of Scholarships: There are six scholarships available.
- Nationality: Scholarships are open to International (Non-UK/EU) students.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to international students.
- Entrance Requirements: The scholarship is only open to applicants who are nationals of and currently living in a lower or middle-income country. For details please refer to our lower and middle-income country list (PDF).
Must have received and accepted an offer of a place on a full-time taught IDS masters degree (see our list of IDS masters courses);
Must have proven academic skills and an established career with a track record of excellence and achievement in the field of development;
Must be able to demonstrate, through your previous experience and future plans, that you are committed to working for development – be it educational, economic, social or cultural – in your home country;
Must not have studied nor worked in a high-income (developed) country;
Must meet all of IDS and the University of Sussex’s general entrance requirements.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Procedure for Institute of Development Studies (IDS) Scholarship:
How to Apply:
To be considered for the IDS Graduate Scholarship, you must have accepted an offer of a place on an eligible IDS master’s degree. Applications for the scholarship award should be submitted via our online IDS Scholarship Application Form.