The Institute of Technology Blanchardstown is delighted to offer postgraduate research studentship to study in Ireland. International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
Institute of Technology Blanchardstown is a Government-owned college based in Dublin, the capital city of Ireland. Ireland’s newest college (estd. 1999) with state of the art computer, network and digital forensics labs. Strategically located in Blanchardstown – IT and Software hub of Ireland.
Institute of Technology Blanchardstown Postgraduate Research Studentship for International Students in Ireland Description:
- Applications Deadline: July 31, 2019
- Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue Postgraduate research programme. This is a two-year full-time MA programme.
- Study Subject: Studentship is awarded within the department of humanities. Project Title: as per funding application- An exploration of the social and financial value of youth work in Ireland: Factors in the Commissioning of Youth Work Programmes.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will be awarded for a period of 2 years to a value of €12,000 per year. There is the possibility that funding can be provided for a further 2 year period should the project be advanced from MA to PhD level. However, this is not guaranteed.
Funding will cover the following elements:
- A maintenance grant of €10,000 per year
- Travel/Consumables/Materials budget of €2,000 per year
- Tuition fees for all scholarship holders will be funded to a max of €4,500 per year for two years.
Postgraduate students receiving scholarships should not be in receipt of another Exchequer funded grant on appointment to the research project.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Institute of Technology Blanchardstown Postgraduate Research Studentship for International Students in Ireland:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
Entrance Requirements: Required Skills / Qualifications / Aptitudes
- A minimum of Level 8 2.1 honours degree in a related discipline
- Good working knowledge of the youth work sector in Ireland and internationally
- Good understanding of new public service management approaches/commissioning
- Ability to follow direction
- Proven track record of research in a similar field
Research experience required
The completed undergraduate research project at Level 8
English Language Requirements: Instruction for all courses at ITB is normally through English (excluding any language modules) and applicants who do not have Irish School Leaving Certificate English must provide evidence of equivalent competence through achievement of a minimum standard in the English Language Tests as detailed below:
|Level||IELTS||TOEFL Internet – Based||Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE)|
|5.5||70||51 (minimum of 46 in each component)|
|6.0||78||55 (minimum of 46 in each component)|
Your English Language Test certificate must be awarded within two years of the start date of your ITB programme.
Application Procedure for Institute of Technology Blanchardstown Postgraduate Research Studentship for International Students in Ireland:
How to Apply: To Apply: Please email the following:
- Cover letter
- Full CV
- Names and email contact details for two referees (minimum)