The Irish Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is giving an outstanding Ireland-Africa fellows Programme for you to pursuing higher studies at a prestigious higher education institution (HEI) in Ireland.
The Ireland-Africa award program is available for the citizens of Burundi, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe who are wishes to pursue a master’s degree program in Ireland.
Irish-Aid is managed by The Irish Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and aims to reduce poverty, hunger, and humanitarian need, with a particular focus on Sub-Saharan Africa.
Why at this educational program? This program is giving you a chance to undertake your higher studies at a higher educational institute in Ireland along with outstanding funding facilities for your education and career development essentials.
Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme in Ireland Brief Description
- University or Organization: The Irish Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters
- Award: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Offline
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: International
- The program can be taken in Ireland
- Application Deadline: August 28, 2019
- Language: English
Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme in Ireland Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Burundi, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Available for master’s degree program in the field of Agriculture, Health, Education, Human Rights, Computer Science, Engineering, Business and more at any university in Ireland.
- Admissible Criteria: Successful candidates must commence a new postgraduate course no sooner than August/September 2020.
- Have leadership abilities and aspirations, as well as a commitment to the achievement of the SDGs within your own country.
- Also, identified and selected two relevant courses from Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme Directory of Eligible Courses.
How to Apply for Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme in Ireland
- The application process for this award is completed into three stages-
- Preliminary Application Stage1 – You have to enrol in a master’s degree program at any university in Ireland. Hence, for the grant, Candidates have to submit an application form with answering the question- why they wish to be considered for the award with no more than 200 words and send it to the Embassy of Ireland at the email address below-
2. Detailed Application Stage 2- The application for stage 2 will start from September 20 until October 18, 2019. In this stage, participants have to submit certified true copies of original documents. The document must include two recent passport size photo, transcripts, a letter from two academic referees on official letterhead with original signatures, and the language ability proof.
3. Interviews Stage 3- In this stage, the applicants will be called for an interview.
- Admission Requirement: The aspirants must hold a bachelor’s level academic qualification from an accredited and government-recognized higher education institution, with a minimum grade point average of 75% – i.e. a first-class honour, or second class honour, Grade.
- Language Requirement: Demonstrate the English language ability through the IELTS test.
Benefits: The program will be fully-funded for selected candidates. It will cover the course fees, flights, and accommodation and living costs.