The International Veterinary Vaccinology Network (IVVN) will fund fellowships for female postdoctoral researchers working at an LMIC-based research organization (‘Mentee’) to work with a principal investigator (‘Mentor’) in the UK.
Animal diseases have significant impacts on societies in low-and-middle-income countries (LMICs), through reduced animal health, impaired welfare, reduced livestock productivity and public health. Vaccines offer the most sustainable route to control and prevent many of the most devastating diseases of livestock. The Network provides the opportunity to establish multi-partnered, international collaborations that bring together the diverse skills that can accelerate the development of vaccines.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
IVVN Female Fellowship Awards in UK Description:
- Applications Deadline: September 28, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are available to carry out a defined piece of work that addresses a key bottleneck preventing the development of vaccines for livestock and zoonotic diseases of importance in LMICs.
- Scholarship Award: The IVVN has £100,000 of fellowship funding, and expects to fund 2-3 projects. Funding will cover salary, travel, accommodation and consumables for the Mentee, and consumables and travel for the Mentor.
- Nationality: This fellowship is available to students from low-and-middle income countries.
- Number of Scholarships: 2-3 fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the IVVN Female Fellowship Awards in UK:
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available to students from low-and-middle income countries.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants: Funding is for female, postdoctoral (or individuals who will have obtained their Ph.D. before the fellowship begins) IVVN members who are from an LMIC country and working at an LMIC- based research organization. A research organization in this context will cover IVVN Members based at academic institutes, governmental organizations, non-governmental organizations or industry.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for IVVN Female Fellowship Awards in UK:
How to Apply: Completed applications and associated documents should be sent to the IVAN Network Manager Dr. Carly Hamilton by 9 am on Friday 28th September 2019.