Jackie Robinson Scholarship is open apply online. The Jackie Robinson Foundation is offering Jackie Robinson Scholarship Program to address the financial needs of minority college students and provide comprehensive mentoring services through its 42 strategies for success curriculum. The Jackie Robinson Scholarship is awarded to outstanding high school graduates who plan to earn a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education. The number of scholarship awards distributed varies each year, but typically, 60 awards of up to $28,000/four years will be given.
Jackie Robinson Foundation was charted in 1973 by Rachel Robinson. For 42 years, the Jackie Robinson Foundation has continued Robinson’s commitment to equal opportunity by addressing the achievement gap in higher education.
Jackie Robinson Scholarship Eligibility:
To be eligible for a Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Plan to attend an accredited and approved four-year institution within the United States
- Show leadership potential
- Demonstrate a dedication to community service
- Present evidence of financial need
- Be a United States citizen
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1,000 combined on the math and critical reading sections or a composite ACT score of 21
- Not possess a degree from a 2 or 4–year College when applying for the scholarship
How to Apply for Jackie Robinson Scholarship:
To be considered for a scholarship, the candidates can apply on-line. The scholarship application will be open on November 1, 2019.
Jackie Robinson Scholarship Supporting Documents:
The required components of the Jackie Robinson Foundation application are:
- A professional, hi-resolution digital photo (headshots only, in a JPEG format) – you may submit a high school senior graduation photo
- One letter of recommendation (e.g. a teacher, a mentor, a guidance counselor, an employer)
- SAT or ACT scores: If you have taken the SAT or ACT more than once, enter your best scores from each test. Note: JRF does not consider the writing scores as part of your examination
Jackie Robinson Scholarship Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Jackie Robinson Foundation provides scholarships of up to $28,000/four years to minority high school students showing leadership potential and demonstrating financial need to attend an accredited 4-year college or university of their choice.
Jackie Robinson Scholarship Application Deadline:
February 15, 2019, is the application deadline.
Link for More Information:
Having technical difficulties with the application? Contact – infosnap, inc.
- Toll-Free Support Line – (866) 986 1601 ext. 7095
- Direct Dial (not toll-free) – (301) 907 7095
- Email – customerservice-at-infosnap.com