Wellcome Sanger Institute is delighted to offer Janet Thornton Fellowship for those who have been out of scientific research for 12 months or more to return to high-quality postdoctoral training. The fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is one of the premier centers of genomic discovery and understanding in the world. It leads ambitious collaborations across the globe to provide the foundations for further research and transformative healthcare innovations. Its success is founded on the expertise and knowledge of its people and the Institute seeks to share its discoveries and techniques with the next generation of genomics scientists and researchers worldwide.
Janet Thornton Postdoctoral Fellowship Description:
- Applications Deadline: June 29, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is available in the following projects:
Anderson Project – Using next-generation sequencing to understand inflammatory bowel disease
Davenport Project – Integrating functional genomics and clinical datasets to understand drug response heterogeneity
Lawley Project – Impact of early life microbiota colonisation on long-term health and development
Parts Project – Mapping the robustness and determinants of gene functions
Rayner Project – High throughput genetic approaches to Identify targets for new antimalarial drugs
Teichmann Project – Genomic and computational dissection of tissue architectures
- Scholarship Award:This postdoctoral Fellowship is for a duration of three years, can be worked full time, part time or flexibly at the Sanger Institute on the Wellcome Genome Campus in Hinxton near Cambridge and includes:
Salary £31,503 – £39,492
Research expenses, including generous consumables and travel costs for conferences and training courses
Access to training and support resources from across the organisation
Access to the University of Cambridge Careers Service
Generous and flexible benefits
One Janet Thornton Fellowship is awarded each year following a competitive selection process.
- Nationality: Available to international students.
- Number of Scholarships: One Janet Thornton Fellowship is awarded each year following a competitive selection process.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Janet Thornton Postdoctoral Fellowship:
Eligible Countries: Available to international students.
Entrance Requirements: The Janet Thornton Fellowship is open to scientists who:
- Have had a break from scientific research, of 12 continuous months or more, for any reason
- Are not currently working in scientific research
- Have at least one years’ postdoctoral experience
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Procedure for Janet Thornton Postdoctoral Fellowship:
How to Apply: If you have questions about what is included in the Fellowship please email saher.ahmed-at-sanger.ac.uk.