The foundation is one of the top NGOs in Bangalore and has set up several schools, colleges, hospitals and constructed many pathshalas (rural schools) apart from initiating and running many welfare schemes and vocational courses for the benefit of the poor and deprived. Besides awarding scholarships to more than 12000 students each year, the Foundation has been extending financial support to more than 500 charitable institutions annually to sustain their activities for over 46 years now.
The Foundation is an independent entity and is primarily a charity or NGO in Bangalore and has no political, religious or commercial affiliation. It serves humanity irrespective of caste, creed, color or religion. It does not take any financial help from the government or other agencies.
The Foundation and its associated trusts/societies carry on the following charitable activities in their capacity as NGOs in Bangalore:
- Jindal Naturecure Institute (formerly INYS), Bangalore
- Jindal Public School, Bangalore
- Jindal Pre-University College, Bangalore
- Jindal Degree College for Women, Bangalore
- Jindal Prize ( 5 prizes of Rs One Crore Each awarded annually) in various categories towards social upliftment.
- S.R.Jindal Prize for Crusade against Corruption and Rural Development and Poverty Alleviation
(Prizes worth Rs. 2.25 crore awarded annually)
- P.G College for Naturopathy and Yoga, Bangalore
- Mahila Arts and Crafts Charitable Institute, Bangalore
- Built Six Institutions including Schools, ITI’s & hospitals at Village Nalwa, Haryana
- Sawan Public School (residential), New Delhi
- Jindal Rural Charitable Hospital (formerly Manav Charitable Hospital), Bangalore
- Jindal Charitable Hospital, Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore
- Mobile Dispensaries (5 nos.) for rural areas, Bangalore
- Manav Sewa Charitable Polyclinic, Delhi
- Adoption and completion of 100 villages in Karnataka
- Donations were given to about 500 charitable organizations around the year
- Scholarships to more than 12000 students around the year.
- Books donated under Book Bank Scheme to numerous Colleges
- Gold Medals at Universities and Colleges
- Sushruta Trauma Centre, Delhi. The Foundation donated this huge hospital at Civil Lines, Delhi to the Govt. of NCR Delhi
- Health Education Centre, Bangalore
The Foundation has been discharging its social responsibilities by providing funds and facilities to other organizations such as NGOs for women upliftment in Bangalore and NGOs for education, thereby promoting philanthropy. While spending money on the charitable activity, it is ensured that the charity is not misplaced or wasted, proper verification and cross checks are made before and after giving scholarships, donations etc. to ensure that financial assistance given is properly utilized.
What is Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2019?
Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2019 invites applications from students of class 11 to postgraduation. It aims to provide financial assistance to the underprivileged students pursuing different courses at the higher level.
Who is offering this Jindal scholarship?
The scholarship is being offered by the Sitaram Jindal Foundation.
Who can apply for this Jindal scholarship?
An applicant must –
- Be studying in class 11, 12, ITI, Diploma, Graduation and Postgraduation.
- Fulfill the eligibility of percentage marks in their previous class as specified in the notification.
What are the benefits of Jindal scholarship?
- The students of class 11 and 12 will receive INR 500 per month.
- The students pursuing ITI diploma from will receive INR 500 per month (for Government/Government aided ITIs) and INR 700 per month (for private ITIs).
- The students pursuing graduation level of courses will receive a scholarship up to INR 1000 per month.
- The students pursuing post graduation level of courses will receive a scholarship up to INR 1200 per month.
- The students pursuing diploma courses will receive INR 1000 per month (for girls) and INR 800 per month (for boys).
- The students pursuing medical/engineering courses will receive a scholarship up to INR 2,000 per month.
For more details, click here.
How can you apply for Jindal scholarship?
What are the documents required for the Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2019?
- Copy of SSLC/HSC scorecard
- Copy of the last examination
- Copy of the income certificate
- Copy of merit certificate (applicable for Medical, Engineering, Diploma and MBA students)
- Copy of certificates regarding fees paid (applicable for Medical, Engineering, Diploma and MBA students)
- Certificate from the hostel warden (for hostellers)
- Certificate of physical disability from the competent authority (if applicable)
- PPO, Relationship dependency certificate and Ex-servicemen widow I-card (for widows and ex-servicemen)