The Joachim Herz Stiftung is inviting applications for up to twenty Add-On Fellowships for Interdisciplinary Life Science. The fellowship program consists of funding which may be used for research purposes, conference attendance, research stays, further training, and other measures which directly support the recipients’ research.
The aim of the fellowships is to support the interdisciplinary work of young scientists (m/f) and give them a greater insight into related disciplines.
The Joachim Herz Stiftung is a foundation dedicated to promoting education, science and research in the natural sciences, in economics and business administration as well as in the field of personal development. In addition, the Foundation also provides grants for small, innovative third-party projects.
Joachim Herz Foundation Description:
- Application Deadline: July 18, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to PhD and Postdoc programme pursue research.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Interdisciplinary Life Science.
- Scholarship Award: The fellows will be supported for a period of two years with up to 12,000 Euro for their individual research and 500 Euro for the fellows’ networking. In a flexible and individual manner, the funds may be used for measures directly supporting the recipients’ research. The majority of the Add-on fellowship funds shall be used for interdisciplinary research and training. Part of the funding is available for attending conferences or for research visits in the fellow’s own discipline and for purchasing equipment (PC, software, etc.), or to finance further training and education that advance the recipients’ careers.
- Nationality: Available to international researchers.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 20 fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Joachim Herz Foundation:
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available to international researchers.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The target group for the add-on fellowships is young scientists conducting interdisciplinary research in the life sciences. The fellowships are open to graduate and postdoc students in various disciplines. The applicants may transition from being a graduate student to a postdoc student in the course of their fellowship. The fellowship program does not cover living expenses – these must be covered by means of employment at a university or a nonprofit research institute. It is the responsibility of the applicants themselves to ensure that any additional funding is permissible in accordance with the rules applicable to their basic financing.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for Joachim Herz Foundation:
How to Apply: Required documents:
- Completed application form
- Letter of motivation (max. one page)
- Description of your research (max. one page)
- Supporting letter of supervisor/group leader (stating her / his support and the need for fostering the applicant’s interdisciplinary skills)
- Copies of the study diploma/transcript of records and possibly a doctoral certificate
Send your application in German or English via the web application system.