The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (KIOS CoE) at the University of Cyprus announces 10 full-time PhD student scholarships. International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
The University of Cyprus was officially founded in 1989 and started operating in Nicosia, the capital of Cyprus, in 1992. Within a short time, the University of Cyprus managed to achieve international recognition through an impressive course of development. Today, it is ranked 64th young university (under 50 years) and #351-400 worldwide by the Times New Higher Education Rankings. The University of Cyprus becomes better every year; therefore, it wishes to attract the best employees.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
KIOS CoE PhD Student Scholarships at University of Cyprus Description:
- Applications Deadline: September 14, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the PhD programme.
- Study Subject: KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top-level research in the area of Information and Communication Technologies with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructures including power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks and emergency management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will be for one year and may be renewed annually, based on performance, for 3- 5 years. It includes the University tuition fees and a monthly stipend between €1000-€1700 depending on the candidate’s qualifications and expertise. The scholarships do not include medical insurance coverage.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to ten (10) Positions are eligible to apply.
- Scholarship can be taken in University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
Eligibility for the KIOS CoE PhD Student Scholarships at University of Cyprus:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor`s or Master’s in Engineering (Electrical, Computer, or Mechanical Engineering) or Computer Science or Mathematics or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Previous research experience will be considered an advantage.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for KIOS CoE PhD Student Scholarships at University of Cyprus:
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit the following items online through the link.
- A cover letter that specifies their employment availability date
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek
iii. Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc degree(s)
- Short description of their academic and research experiences (1-page maximum).
- The names and contact details of at least two University Professors from who references may be requested