The Obama Scholarship are open apply now The Arizona State University (ASU) is proud to promote equal access to education for all Arizonans through their programs like the President Barack Obama Scholars Program. Arizona resident’s students who are pursuing a first undergraduate degree as full-time freshmen are eligible to apply. The AUS is committed to providing many opportunities and encouraged people around the world to pursue their dreams.ASU will cover students’ estimated direct costs of attending ASU for up to eight full-time, consecutive fall and spring semesters (summer sessions are not covered). Estimated direct costs include actual tuition and mandatory fees as well as standardized allowances for the room, board and books/supplies.
Arizona State University is a top-ranked research university in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area. The University is committed to helping a greater number of academically qualified students graduate than ever.
Eligibility for Obama Scholarship:
To eligible for the Obama scholarship, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Open to Arizona residents, admitted to ASU in the fall and who are degree-seeking, full-time freshmen (pursuing an afirst undergraduate degree). This includes Native American high school seniors who are not residing in Arizona who meet the Arizona residency criteria for tuition purposes at ASU.
- Admission to the university does not guarantee eligibility for the program. You must meet all course competencies and at least one of the aptitude requirements for admission described on the Freshman Admission Requirements.
- You must enroll in ASU at the beginning of the fall semester immediately after Arizona high school graduation. If you do not enroll at ASU for the fall, you will forfeit eligibility for any future participation in this program.
- You must demonstrate a total annual family income of $42,400 or less on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Obama Scholars Program will be closed for the year when program funds have been exhausted.
- You must be eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant.
- ASU Online degree programs are not eligible. If you change your major to an ASU Online major, you will be removed from the Obama Scholars Program and adjustments will be made to your awards.
How to Apply for Obama Scholarship:
To apply, there is no additional application for this program. Students that submit their FAFSA and have a complete ASU admissions application will be automatically considered for the scholarship program. The links are:
There are no exceptions to these dates. The FAFSA must be free of errors and the admissions application with all necessary materials must be complete to be eligible for consideration.
Obama Scholarship Supporting Documents:
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- By combining gift aid (i.e., Pell Grants, SEOG, University Grants, LEAP, and scholarships) from federal, state, private, and institutional sources with Federal Work-Study, ASU will cover students’ estimated direct costs of attending ASU (minus the Expected Family Contribution as determined by the FAFSA) for up to eight full-time, consecutive fall and spring semesters (summer sessions are not covered).
- Estimated direct costs include actual tuition and mandatory fees as well as standardized allowances for the room, board and books/supplies.
- Special class fees, study abroad program fees, academic program fees or summer tuition/fees will not be covered as part of the program.
- You may choose to spend one semester in an ASU-sponsored study abroad program, only after completion of your first year in the Obama Scholars Program. This will count as one semester towards the eight-semester
- Your funding will continue to be based on ASU cost of attendance and will not cover any study abroad program fees.
- ASU will award recipients a combination of the following sources of aid. These awards do not require repayment.
- Pell Grants—this federal gift assistance program supports students who have exceptional need.
- Institutional Grants—ASU gift assistance available to undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need. These grants include University Grants.
- FSEOG and LEAP Grants—gift assistance available to undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need.
- Federal Work-Study—a student employment program that allows students to earn funds to assist in paying their educational costs. Participants in the Obama Scholars Program are automatically awarded $2,500 in federal work-study.
- Scholarships— gift assistance awarded by ASU and private donors that recognize exceptional achievement.
- Outside Resources—funding received from outside sources that assist students in paying for their educational expenses.
Obama Scholarship Application Deadline:
There are no additional application deadlines. Students must submit FAFSA form on or before by the following dates, to be considered for the scholarship:
- Jan. 1 – Students must submit their FAFSA and have a complete ASU admissions application on file.
- July 1 – Students must submit all requested documents for financial aid verification.This deadline applies to both incoming freshmen and current participants of both programs.
The FAFSA must be free of errors and the admissions application with all necessary materials must be complete to be eligible for consideration.
Link for More Information: