Mahadbt Scholarships are open apply now. I know you are looking for details regarding Maharashtra Govt online Scholarship named MahaDBT or Mahaeschol. As per the new update about MahaDBT scholarship government of Maharashtra has changed the site for the scholarship. Last year it was maheschol.maharashtra.gov.in but now the official site for the scholarship is Mahadbt.Gov.in. Now the old site is not working and all the scholarship forms will be submitted to this new site. So I request all the Student from dte maharashtra to please note the changes made to the new site www.mahadbt.gov.in
Welcome to www.MahaDBT.org.in where you can find all the details regarding Government of Maharashtra’s online portal for DBT(Direct Benefit Transfer) named as MahaDBT. If you do not know what DBT stands for, it is an attempt by the Central Government of India to transfer the money either via online or offline to enhance the welfare of people by helping them in business, studies etc. A government of Maharashtra is following the same pattern for the improvement of their own state by transferring grants and benefits as Scholarship, Pensions etc. All the procedures of MahaDBT are via online on mahadbt gov.
Around 32 type of post-matric scholarships are awarded to students belonging to SC/ST, VJ/NT, OBC and minority community. The sops include 100% tuition and exam fee besides Rs9,000 to Rs12,000 monetary aid for SC/ST students. Similarly, VJ/NT students get 100% tuition and exam fee and Rs4,000 aid. Minority students get Rs25,000 for locals and Rs30,000 from outside state students
“The government had made tall promises after launching MahaDBT. To ensure transparency, several formalities like filling Aadhaar numbers, verifying domicile status etc were completed. The students and colleges spent a lot of time doing this. It was expected that the funds would be disbursed in December. But, suddenly in January, you are asked to apply again through an old process,” a college official said. He added that students may not readily agree to redo the process and the college officials to are burdened with several other things. “Many colleges have also not paid salaries in the hope that the scholarship amounts would be reimbursed. The wait has stretched longer now,” they said.
Check our other posts about Mahadiscom Recruitment 2018 and Indian Railway Alp Recruitment 2018 if you are looking for Govt Jobs.
DBT stands for Direct Benefit Transfer. It means that the money (For scholarship, pension etc.) will be credited in your bank account. Maharashtra Govt. Maharashtra Govt. applying the same pattern in the state to improve the quality of scholarship distribution https://mahadbt.gov.in/DBT/#/.
What is Mahadbt.gov.in?
For Maharashtra people and students, we have a good news who are trying to earn a scholarship from the government or other sources. The government of Maharashtra has launched Mahadbt e-Scholarship portal for all students that wish to earn a scholarship. Students need to do is to stand in the prerequisites, I mean eligibility criteria and if fall under this, you can apply online on mahaonline login escholarship.
- Mahadbt.gov.in scholarship is for those students who can’t afford to pay the full fees. So family income is a criterion to get benefits.
- It is a government scheme so reservation plays its role. The escholarship is different for a different cast. Like SC, ST, NT, SBC & OBC.
This is a golden opportunity provided by Maharashtra government. So the candidates that feel they satisfy the underwritten eligibility criteria can apply online for this scheme by filling the online form.
MahaDBT E-Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- The student who applies for the scholarship must be a student from Maharashtra. He must have a “Birth Certificate” mentioning he is a permanent resident of Maharashtra.
- Students who wish to apply for this scholarship programme must have completed his/her studies from Maharashtra state only.
- Students are eligible for getting MahaDBT Scholarship only if they have cleared Senior Secondary Examinations with 60% and above.
- Students who wish to get funded from Maharashtra government for higher studies under MahaDBT Scholarship must be of SC, ST, VJNT (Vimukta Jat Nomadic Tribes), SBC (Special Backward Class or OBC (Other Backward Class).
Document required to apply for Online E Scholarship at Mahadbt.Gov.In
We have studied the website and prepared a list of documents which are required to register at MahaDBT.
Check the list of documents that you need to scan and provide. To avoid any error in the document upload, it is advisable to first prepare that document and then go for registration.
- The student must have a Caste Certificate issued by some Competent Officer.
- The applicant must have a proper proof of family income certificate provided under Form 16.
- The candidate must have Nivaas Praman Patra, also known as Residence Certificate.
- Mark sheets of all exams passed earlier must be kept with a student while applying.
How to apply on MahaDBT/Mahaeschol | Step by Step
The steps are quite simple to fill out the form and register for this Scholarship. A detailed explanation is given below to register however for more convenience.
- First of all open the official website. That is Maharashtra Scholarship portal or click here.
- If you are an Existing User, log in with the credentials you used. (Check 1 in above screenshot)
- In case you have forgotten those credentials, you can regain them through FORGOT password Options. (Check 2 in above screenshot)
- In case you are a new user, you first need to create an account.
How to create a new account on MahaDBT/Mahaeschol
- For this click on New Registration on the same page. (Check 3 in above screenshot).
- The following window will appear. I will recommend using Aadhar card to register on MahaDBT but you can go with biometric option too. The biometric option is complicated because you need to scan your thumb by the biometric device. I am going to explain here the way with Aadhar card. It is easy and fast. So click on YES and CONTINUE to next step.
- Check on OTP and then check the box at no2 in below screenshot. Fill in your Aadhar card no and click on “Send OTP”. An OTP (One time password) will be sent to your registered mobile number. Verify the OTP in below box. Enter this OTP from your mobile phone correctly.
- You will receive an Authentication Successful message at the top of the page. Like the below one. Click on “OK”.
- And you will see that MahaDBT picked all the information from your Aadhar card. Below is how the page will look like. I just blurred my information for security purposes. Click on Continue.
- Create username and password for future login to portal. You won’t need to do any of the steps above to next time you log in. Simply log in with the login password you create in this step. That Username and a Password can be used for login purpose in future.
- Click on register and you successfully registered. You will receive a short message by the website saying “Registration successful, please log in and apply for benefits”. After you log in, you can apply for the scholarships through the dashboard. Check the below final screenshot.
More Useful tips submitted by Users-
- Once you log in for the first time with your username and password, students will be asked to enter some more details like Your Scholarship Scheme, bank details, photo, Education details, Applicant details, User account management.
- Once you submit your online Scholarship, please wait for a while till the concerned authority verifies and approves your application for eligibility condition as per the information provided.
- Now your application is submitted and in case you want to track the status of your application, please log in with the credentials and track it.
So this was all about MahaDBT, Mahaeschol or DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) if you have any queries about this site do let us know through the comment section mahadbt last date. We will get back to you quickly!
Also, answer to the queries of other students, they are like you and me and seeking for help.
And, don’t forget to share this article with your friends on Social media like Facebook, Google+ & WhatsApp
Thanks for reaching out.