Martin Buber Society of Fellows for Postdoctoral Program in Israel are open apply now. The new Martin Buber Society of Fellowships for Postdoctoral in the Humanities and Social Science for the Academic Year 2019. These scholarships are available to German and Israeli applicants.
The Martin Buber Society of Fellows aims at fostering interdisciplinary academic discourse at the highest level among outstanding young scholars (postdoctoral).
The Martin Buber Society of Fellows in the Humanities and Social Science at the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, is a German Foundation financed by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). Its research facility is situated at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. It is aimed at creating a creative, vibrant scholarly environment for outstanding young scholars in all fields of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
Martin Buber Society of Fellows for Postdoctoral Program in Israel Description
- Applications Deadline: November 11, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Humanities and Social Science.
- Scholarship Award: They receive a monthly stipend of approximately 9000 NIS and an additional housing subsidy that can be used either for apartments in the university’s Student Village (on campus) or to help with costs in apartments elsewhere in town. Non-Israeli fellows who move to Jerusalem with their family are eligible for additional support.
- Nationality: These scholarships are available to German and Israeli applicants.
- Number of Scholarships: Each year the Academic Committee of the Martin Buber Society of Fellows selects up to ten exceptionally gifted young scholars (up to five from Israel and five from Germany).
- Scholarship can be taken in Israel
Eligibility for the Martin Buber Society of Fellows for Postdoctoral Program in Israel
Eligible Countries: These scholarships are available to German and Israeli applicants.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Candidates, who have completed their PhD at an Israeli or German university, as well as citizens of Israel or Germany, who have received their PhD in any country, are eligible to apply. Applicants must have their PhD degree in hand no earlier than October 1st, 2014, and no later than July 1st, 2019. Application is open for those specializing in all fields of the Humanities and the Social Sciences. We are looking for creative humanists and social scientists with broad intellectual horizons. No connection of the subject matter to Jewish studies or Israel is required.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Martin Buber Society of Fellows for Postdoctoral Program in Israel Application Procedure
How to Apply: The application process is simple (a CV and a list of publications, a 1-page abstract of the PhD, a research proposal of 5 pages, and two recommendation letters) and begins with registration at our Website http://buberfellows.huji.ac.il/ or http://scholarships.huji.ac.il, were further instructions are found.