Maulana Azad Scholarship are open apply now. The Ministry of the Minority Affairs, Government of India gives the scholarship to the minority students every year to pursue higher education at the Master’s level, Ph.D. or Post-doctoral level. Under the definition of the minority the Sikh, Parsi, Muslim, Buddhist, Jain and Christian communities are included. They can avail of the benefits under the scholarship to study in the streams of Social Sciences, Humanities, Technology, and Engineering. The Foundation was established on the occasion of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s birth centenary celebrations. His eventful life was packed with outstanding achievements in the diverse fields. He was a towering figure on the Indian political scene and a scholar rated high in the realms of Urdu Literature.
Maulana Azad Scholarship, founded under the name of one of the most prominent freedom fighter and first education minister of free India, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad in the year 1989. This foundation is a celebration of the efforts of this great leader whose life was full of amazing achievements in various fields.
Maulana Azad Scholarship foundation is a non-political, non-profit and voluntary organization whose establishment has the sole aim of promoting education among minorities who are backward but good in academics. It is fully funded by the Govt. of India’s ministry, Ministry of Minority Affairs
Maulana Azad National Scholarship: Quick Overview
|Class / Course||Engineering 1-4 Year, Humanities, Social Sciences, Science, Technology|
|Scholarship Type||Post Graduate,Ph.D|
|Awarded Amount||₹25, 000 per month for initial two years (JRF) and ₹28, 000 per month for remaining tenure (SRF)|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Benefits under the Maulana Azad National Scholarship
Duration of the Scholarship
The duration of the benefits of the Maulana Azad National Scholarship is different for different levels of studies.
- For M. Phil – Maximum 2 Years
- For M. Phil and Ph. D – Maximum 5 Years
- Ph. D – Maximum 5 Years
It should be noted that the beneficiary students are given ₹25,000 per month for the initial 2 years as JRF. If they are promoted as the SRF, then they receive ₹28,000 per month for another 3 years.
Amount of the Scholarship
|Fellowship Amount||@ Rs.25,000/- p.m. for initial 2 years (JRF)|
@ Rs.28,000/- p.m. for remaining time (SRF)
|Contingency for Humanities|
Contingency for Social Sciences
Contingency for Commerce
|@ Rs.10, 000/- p.a. for initial 2 years.|
@ Rs.20, 500/- p.a. for remaining time
|Contingency for Science||@ Rs.12, 000/- p.a. for initial 2 years|
@ Rs.25, 000/- p.a. for remaining time
|Escorts/Reader Assistance||@ Rs.2,000/- p.m. in cases of physically and visually challenged candidates|
Fellowship amount for all streams – Junior Research fellows receive ₹25,000 and the Senior Research fellows receive ₹ 28,000 on the monthly basis
A contingency fund for the Humanities, Social Science, and Commerce – Students can get an additional amount annually for meeting any contingency requirement related to the studies. For the initial 2 years, they are given ₹10,000 annually and ₹ 20,500 annually for the rest of the 3 years period.
The contingency fund for the Science students –
- The Science students are given ₹12,000 annually for the initial 2 years. Thereafter, they can get ₹25,000 annually for rest of the 3 years period.
- The visually and physically challenged students can get an assistance of ₹ 2000 per month for availing the support of the reader or an escort.
Eligibility for the Maulana Azad National Scholarship
- Given below are the pre-requisites of Maulana Azad Scholarship, the following students can apply only
(i) Students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Girls or students from minority communities – Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsi & Jain notified under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
(ii) The candidate has to submit duly attested and signed by a proper authority, minority community certificate on an actionable and legally valid affidavit, until the State Government/Union Territory administration starts to issue the minority community certificate.
(iii) Candidate must be pursuing a regular/ full-time M.Phil/ Ph.D. courses in University/Academic Institution by fulfilling conditions of admission of that University/Institution.
(iv) The annual income of the beneficiary/parents or guardian of the beneficiary must not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakh from all sources. Candidate should submit his/her income or his/her parent’s/guardian’s income certificate duly signed and issued by the appropriate Authority.
(v) The candidate should have secured a minimum score of 50% at Post Graduate level.
(vi) Scholarship form should be duly attested and signed by concerned School/College.
(vii) Candidate should produce his/her income certificate issued by Tehsildar, Block officer or Notary Public of the concerned area/Block/Dist.
(vi) Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation followed is as per Government of India norms.
How to Apply for Maulana Azad National Scholarship
- Open a browser and go to the website of Maulana Azad Scholarship http://www.maef.nic.in/
- Choose the link which says Apply Online or use this link to apply http://www.maef.nic.in/REGDemo.aspx
- A webpage opens where you have to fill all the necessary details and information regarding yourself.
- The next requires you to upload the supporting documents for the categories that you have filled in the above step.
- Click on the Submit button to submit the application form.
- A registration number is generated which must be noted down for future reference.
- Take a printout of your scholarship form just for your record in support of submission of the form.
NOTE: The Last date for receipt of Application Form is 30 September 2020.
Documents Required for Maulana Azad National Scholarship
- Annual Income certificate
- Authentic mark-sheet of class 10th, attested by the school principal.
- Confirmation by the Head of present School/College
- Identity Proof with a photograph.
- Evidence of Religion certificate attested by the Principal of present university/college or educational institute.