Florida Department of Education is glad to announce McKay Scholarship. The given Mckay Scholarship program allows parents to choose the best educational setting—public or private—for their child. Aim of the given scholarship is to providing information and assistance to promote successful outcomes for students, families, institutions and communities. The award amount may vary as per the requirement of an individual for Mckay Scholarship.
The Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) is the state education agency of Florida. The FLDOE aims to increase the proficiency of all students within one seamless, efficient system, by providing them the opportunity to expand their knowledge and skills through learning opportunities and research valued by students, parents, and communities.
Mckay Scholarship Eligibility:
Any parent of a public school student with a disability who has an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or a 504 accommodation plan may receive a McKay Scholarship if the student meets the following requirements:
- The student has spent the prior school year in attendance at a Florida public school (the student was enrolled and reported by a Florida school district for funding during the preceding October and February FTE surveys in Pre-K through grade 12), or
- The student was enrolled and reported for funding by the Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind during the preceding October and February student membership surveys in kindergarten through grade 12, or
- The student received services under the Specialized Instructional Services (SIS) program during the previous school year and has a current IEP developed by the local school board in accordance with State Board Rule or a 504 accommodation plan, or
- The student is a dependent child of a member of the United States Armed Forces who transfers to Florida from out of state due to a parent’s permanent change of station orders, and
- The parent has notified the school district in a manner that creates a written or electronic record of the notification (this is done by filing intent on the School Choice website) at least 60 days prior to the date of the first scholarship payment, and
- The parent has obtained acceptance for admission of the student to a private school that is eligible for the program.
How to Apply for Mckay Scholarship:
Applicants are requested to go through the given link http://www.fldoe.org/schools/school-choice in order to apply for McKay Scholarship.
Mckay Scholarship Award Amount:
The amount of the scholarship is equal to the amount the student would have received in the public school to which the student is assigned or the amount of the private school’s tuition and fees, whichever is less.
Mckay Scholarship Application Deadline:
To potentially be eligible for the full scholarship amount (100% of your state generated funding) the intent must be filed by July 3, and the student must be enrolled by August 2.
- For 75% – File by September 2, enroll by October 2.
- For 50% – File by December 3, enroll by January 2.
- For 25% – File by January 31, enroll by March 2.
Mckay Scholarship Link for more Information:
Contact Information of Mckay Scholarship:
If you have any more query related to the given scholarship contact: Phone: 850-245-0505