Megaworld Scholarship magna cum laude, CPA Bar Exam more topnotch, and now a certified financial analyst. Judy Ann Tuzon is all these things—and she’s also happily putting her privileges to good use as a productive member of the workforce.
Megaworld Scholarship stands by on the principle that a corporation exists to serve others. We believe that we must not only do well but also do good in the community we are part of. This belief has been our driving force to continuously give back to the society through the company’s socio-civic arm, the Megaworld Foundation.
On 2012 our foundation has reached its 15th year anniversary. As a young foundation, we take pride in our humble accomplishments and contributions in the fields of education, health, environment, people empowerment and other noble undertakings. With our corporate social responsibility efforts we were awarded Best CSR in the 3rd Asian Excellence Awards Special of Corporate Governance Asia.
ince the beginning, the Foundation has been actively promoting education through its scholarship program. From two initial partner schools in 1999 —University of the Philippines and Mapua Institute of Technology —the Foundation now extends a helping hand to 25 partner universities and colleges.
With an average of 100 college Megaworld Scholarship in its early years, the Foundation is currently supporting more than 400 students a year. These students show academic excellence in the fields of business, engineering, accountancy, information technology, architecture, communication arts, interior design, social sciences, hotel and restaurant management and tourism.
This year the foundation has added high school scholarships both for public and private high schools. Aside from full scholarship grants, these students receive stipend and allowances.
Judy joined Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI), Megaworld’s mother company, late last year. It’s a milestone in her life that she gratefully owes to Megaworld and its Foundation, which helped her earn the college degree that started her personal journey to success.
As a financial analyst for AGI, Judy prepares financial reports and maintains the books. The tasks she enjoys most are those that involve decision-making with regard to financial reporting.
Prior to starting her career as a financial analyst, she completed her on-the-job training at Megaworld’s Audit Department. The stint was brief, but she was thankful that the department provided her with practical experience as well as valuable lessons. “They were amazing, so warm, and friendly,” she said.
BE A Megaworld Scholarship
Megaworld Scholarship Requirements:
For applicants who are incoming freshmen:
- Final grade report in fourth year high school with an average of at least 85% or its equivalent, and with at least 80% grade in all subjects (photocopy but need to bring the original for verification)
- A certificate of upper 10% class ranking of graduating batch (original copy)
- A passing result of university entrance exam, letter of admission or certificate of enrollment (photocopy but need to bring the original for verification)
For applicants who are incoming sophomores and juniors:
- All grade reports from previous to current semester with a GPA of at least 85% or its equivalent, and with at least 80% grade in all subjects (photocopy but need to bring the original for verification)
- A full load enrollment assessment / registration form w/ class schedule (photocopy but need to bring the original for verification)
- Complete course curriculum (photocopy)
General Megaworld Scholarship Requirements:
- Income Tax Return (ITR) not exceeding PhP300,000.00 combined gross annual income (original copy) / Affidavit and BIR Certification of Tax Exemption of Father and Mother or Guardian Birth Certificate (original copy).
- Birth certificate (photocopy but need to bring the original for verification)
- Endorsement letter from the College/ University (original copy)
- Utility Bills such as electricity, water, internet, etc. (photocopy but need to bring the original for verification)
- 2 2X2 I.D. pictures
- 2 1X1 I.D. pictures
- Photograph of Applicant with family/guardian
- NBI Clearance
* Upon completion of the above requirements, the applicant shall be asked to fill out certain documents and shall undergo exams and interviews to further assess qualifications.
* Applications with incomplete details and requirements will not be processed.
Megaworld Scholarship Benefits
- Full tuition fee (late charges, installment fee, graduation fees are not included)
- Allowance per school year
- Career opportunity at Megaworld Corporation and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates
List of Supported Schools
- Adamson University
- Angeles University Foundation
- Ateneo de Manila University
- Centro Escolar University – Manila
- Chiang Kai Shek College
- Colegio de San Juan de Letran – Calamba
- De La Salle University – Manila
- De La Salle College St. Benilde
- Far Eastern University – Manila
- Far Eastern University – Institute of Technology
- Grace Christian College
- Jose Rizal University
- Lyceum of the Philippines University – Manila
- Manila Tytana College
- Mapua Institute of Technology – Intramuros
- Miriam College
- National University
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines – Sta. Mesa
- San Beda College – Manila
- San Sebastian College – Recoletos
- Technological Institute of the Philippines
- Technological University of the Philippines
- University of the East
- University of the Philippines – Diliman
- University of Santo Tomas
For inquiries and applications, you may coordinate with your scholarship coordinator or you may contact us:
MEGAWORLD FOUNDATION INC.
19th Floor, Alliance Global Tower
11th Ave. corner 36th St.
Uptown Bonifacio, Taguig City
Telephone Nos.:894-6437 to 38
Email Address: [email protected]