MoMa Scholarships are open apply now. MOMA Scholarship 2019 is Merit cum Means Scholarship by Ministry of Minority Affairs commonly known as MOMA Scholarship. Merit cum Means Scholarship Scheme was launched with the aim to support the meritorious students, who are not financially strong and who belong to the minority community and want to pursue their educational career and courses for higher and professional/technical courses. The application form for MOMA Scholarship 2019 is available now and the candidates can apply online through National Scholarship Portal. MOMA Merit cum Means Scholarship will be given to the candidates whose family income is less than 2.5 lakhs per annum. Apart from renewal, 60,000 fresh scholarship will be given under Merit cum Means Scholarship 2019. This page gives information on MOMA Merit cum Means Scholarship, Application process, Eligibility Criteria, Rewards and other important details. Scroll down to read more on MOMA Scholarship 2019.
Post-Matric Scholarship was formed to provide equal opportunity to the minority groups in the country carried out by Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA), established to provide financial aid to students who belong to the minority community and from economically backward families. MOMA Post Matric Scholarship Application can be filled through National Scholarship Portal. The application is available now for Post-Matric Scholarship 2019. MOMA Post Matric Scholars are distributed to the candidates whose family income is less than 2 lakh rupees per annum. Under MOMA Post Matric Scholarship 2019, 5 lakhs fresh scholarship will be distributed. 30% scholarships are reserved for girls. This page gives information on MOMA Post Matric Scholarship 2019, Eligibility Criteria, Rewards, Application Process etc, on this page. Scroll down to read more on Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme
What is the MOMA Scholarship?
- Scholarships given by Ministry of Minority Affairs are commonly known as MOMA Scholarships.
- The Scholarship is given to meritorious minority community students for pursuing their further studies.
- Centre Govt. allocates funds for this scholarship based on the population of the minority community in the respective State/UT
- The Scholarship allocation to the students is done by the State/ UT to the students.
COMMON FEATURES OF PRE, POST AND MERIT-CUM-MEANS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEMES
- 30% of scholarships are earmarked for girl students.
- Students should have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination.
- Not more than 2 students from the family.
- Scholarship allocation to States/UTs on the basis of the population of minorities.
- The scheme is implemented through the State Govt./UT Administration.
- Can avail scholarship from not more than one source.
Scheme of Merit cum means based scholarship to students belonging to minority communities
The number of MOMA Scholarship:
Every year 20000 scholarships will be distributed among the students of minority communities throughout the country.
TIMELINE OF VARIOUS ACTIVITIES UNDER OSMS – Fresh Scholarship:
|1||Advertisement for Merit-cum means based scholarship|
scheme for the year 2013-14.
|31st March, 2013|
|2||Last date for submission of Online applications for fresh|
scholarship by students.
|30th September, 2013|
|3||Last date for submission of duly signed printed version of|
online applications by students to State Department
through respective institutes.
|10th October, 2013|
|4||Last date for scrutiny of online applications by institutes.||20th October, 2013|
|5||Last date for scrutiny of online applications by State|
|31st October 2013|
|6||Generation of merit list and submission of fresh proposals|
by State Department.
st November to 15th
Conditions for MOMA Scholarship:
- Financial assistance will be given to pursue degree and/or post graduate level technical and professional courses from a recognized institution. Maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s account. The course fee will be paid by the State Department directly to the institute concerned.
- Students who get admission to a college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for the scholarship.
- Students who get admission in technical/professional courses without facing any competitive examination will also be eligible for scholarship. However, such students should have not less than 50% marks at higher secondary/graduation level. Selection of these students will be done strictly on merit basis.
- Continuation of the scholarship in subsequent years will depend on successful completion of the course during the preceding year.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship/stipend for pursuing the course.
- The annual income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh from all sources.
- The state department will advertise the scheme every year latest by 31st March and receive the application through the concerned institutions.
- After scrutinizing the applications, the state department will prepare a consolidated budget for all eligible students and send an application in the prescribed pro-forma for release of fund from the Ministry of Minority Affairs for distribution of scholarship giving the details of each student viz. name, permanent address, telephone number, annual course fee, name & address of institute, whether hostler or day-scholar, etc.
- The application for release of fund from the state department must be received in the Ministry by 30th of September every year.
- The state department will maintain separate bank account and records relating to the funds received from the Ministry and they will be subjected to inspection by the officers of the Ministry or any other agency designated by the Ministry.
- The fund for distribution of scholarship in a subsequent year will be released after receiving the utilization certificate for the previous year. Annual inspection by the officers of the Ministry or any other agencies designated by the Ministry will also be carried out.
- 30% scholarship will be reserved for girls of each minority community in a state which is transferable to the male student of that community in case of non-availability of the female candidate in that community in the concerned state.
- If the target for distribution of scholarship to a particular minority community in a state/UT is not fulfilled, it will be distributed among the same minority community of other States/UTs strictly in accordance with the merit.
- A student residing in a particular State/UT will be entitled to scholarship under the quota of that State/UT only irrespective of his place of study.
- The number of scholarship has been fixed state-wise on the basis of minority population of the states/UTs. Within the state-wise allocations, the applications from reputed institutions will be exhausted first. The list of such institutions will be made available by the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- The scheme will be evaluated at regular intervals and the cost of the evaluation will be borne by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under the provision of the scheme. An additional provision of 3% of the total budget will be made to meet the administrative and allied costs viz. expenditure on monitoring of the scheme, impact study, evaluation study, purchase of office equipment, engaging of contract employees, if necessary and other expenditure to run the cell etc. This will be shared between the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India and the State Governments/UT Administration.
Rate of MOMA Scholarship
The rate of scholarship will be as under :
|Sl.No.||Type of Financial Assistance||Rate for hostler||Rate for Day Scholar|
|1.||Maintenance Allowance (For 10 months only)||Rs.10,000/-per annum|
( Rs.1000 p.m.)
|Rs.5,000/- per annum.|
( Rs.500 p.m.)
|2.||Course Fee||Rs.20,000/- per annum or Actual whichever is less||Rs.20,000/- per annum or Actual whichever is less|
MOMA Scholarship Payment:
- Maintenance allowance is payable from 1st April or from the month of admission, whichever is later, to the month in which the examinations are completed, (including maintenance allowance during holidays) maximum twice a year, provided that if the scholar secures admission after the 20th day of a month, the amount will be paid from the month following the month of admission.
- In case of renewal of scholarships awarded in the previous years, maintenance allowance will be paid from the month following the month upto which scholarship was paid in the previous year, if the course of study is continuous.
- The Government of the State/Union Territory Administration, to which they belong, in accordance with the procedure laid down by them in this regard, will pay the scholarship money to the selected students.
- Scholarship will not be paid for the period of internship/housemanship in the M.B.B.S. course or for a practical training in other course if the student is in receipt of some remuneration during the internship period or some allowance/stipend during the practical training in other course.
Other Conditions for the MOMA Scholarship
- The scholarship is dependent on the satisfactory progress and conduct of the scholar. If it is reported by the Head of the Institution at any time that a scholar has by reasons of his/her own act of default failed to make satisfactory progress or has been guilty of misconduct such as resorting to or participating in strikes, irregularity in attendance without the permission of the authorities concerned etc., the authority sanctioning the scholarship may either cancel the scholarship or stop or withhold further payment for such period as it may think fit.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, his/her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned State Government. The student concerned will be blacklisted and debarred for scholarship in any scheme forever.
- A scholarship awarded may be cancelled if the scholar changes the subject of the course of study for which the scholarship was originally awarded or changes the Institution of study, without prior approval of the State Government. The Head of the Institution shall report such cases to them and stop payment of the scholarship money. The amount already paid may also be recovered at the discretion of the State Government.
- A scholar is liable to refund the scholarship amount at the discretion of the State Government, if during the course of the year, the studies for which the scholarship has been awarded, is discontinued by him/her.
- The regulations can be changed at anytime at the discretion of the Government of India.
Procedure for MOMA Scholarship Applying
- An application for scholarship should comprise:
- One copy of the application for scholarship in the prescribed form (separate application forms prescribed for ‘fresh’ and renewal of scholarship by the concerned States/UTs).
- One copy of the passport size photograph with signatures of the student thereon (for fresh scholarship).
- One attested copy of certificates, diploma, degree etc. in respect of all examinations passed.
- An income declaration by the self-employed parents/guardians, stating definite income from all sources by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper. Employed parents/guardians are required to obtain income certificate from their employer and for any additional income from other sources, they would furnish declaration by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper.
- Proof of permanent residence.
- A receipt in acknowledgement of the scholarship in the previous year on the form attached to the application duly counter-signed by the Head of the Institution concerned, if the application was in receipt of a scholarship under this scheme in the preceding year.
- The State department should satisfy itself that the student belongs to a particular minority community.
- Application complete in all respects shall be submitted to the Head of the Institution, being attended or last attended by the candidates and shall be addressed to an officer specified for this purpose by the Government of State/ Union Territory to which the student belongs, in accordance with the instructions issued by them from time to time.
- An application for scholarship should comprise:
MOMA Scholarship Funding Pattern of the Scheme
The Scheme will be implemented by the State Governments and Union Territory Administrations, which receive 100% central assistance from Government of India for the total expenditure under the scheme.
MOMA Scholarship Eligibility criteria
- Students, who have got admission in a recognized college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination.
- Students, who have got admission in a recognized college to pursue technical/professional courses, without facing any competitive examination, will also be eligible for scholarship. However, such students should have not less than 50% marks at higher secondary/graduation level. Selection of these students will be done strictly of merit.
- The annual family income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of the beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh per annum from all sources.
- A student residing in a particular State/UT will be entitled for scholarship under the quota of that State/UT only irrespective of his place of study.
How to apply for MOMA Scholarship