NASA Space Animation Fellowship in USA are open apply now. Applications are invited for the new NASA Animation Fellowship for international students to study in the USA. This is yearlong fellowship available for Animators.
USRA is an independent, non-profit research corporation where the combined efforts of in-house talent and university-based expertise merge to advance space science and technology.
Applicants must have Bachelor’s degree in animation, or fine arts-related field or currently enrolled in a degree program.
NASA Space Animation Fellowship in USA Description:
- Applications Deadline: Open for applications
- Course Level: This is yearlong fellowship program for Animators.
- Study Subject: The NASA Animation Fellowship is a yearlong program for animators wishing to explore the intersection of animation, motion graphics and science. You will work with an outstanding team of animators, data visualizers, video producers, and science writers.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Two Positions Available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Greenbelt, Maryland, United States
Eligibility for the NASA Space Animation Fellowship in USA:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in animation, or fine arts-related field or currently enrolled in a degree program.
- Experience in techniques for the production of motion graphics and 2D computer animation including storyboarding, modelling, texture mapping, compositing, and rendering.
- Experience with science or technology themes desired Experience in techniques for the production of motion graphics and 2D computer animation
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly After Effects, Photoshop
- Experience with Maya a plus
- Strong sense of composition, motion, light and colour
- Skill in translating and visualizing complex concepts and ideas
- Experience with science or technology themes a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of animation techniques including creating motion graphics, rendering, and post-production
- Knowledge of general video production techniques
- Able to work collaboratively
- Ability to give and take feedback
- Knowledge of timing, continuity, compositing
- Candidates with an interest in science, space, and science communication will find this fellowship particularly rewarding.
- Fellows will work with computers, animation and rendering software.
- Fellows work in a laboratory setting with several other animators.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
NASA Space Animation Fellowship in USA Application Procedure:
How to Apply: Application Instructions;
- To be considered you must include links to a demo reel or samples of work. We are especially interested in any motion graphics work you have related to science and technology subjects.
- Personal statement outlining your educational and professional development objectives. Describe your educational and professional experiences motivating your decision to pursue science animation.
- Resume with relevant work experience and educational highlights.
- Your resume, personal statement, and links to your reel must be combined into a single PDF.
Applicants should apply to the posting at the website and include a letter of interest, resume, or curriculum vita. Review of candidates will begin immediately.