National University of Ireland Fulbright Scholar Award are open apply now. The National University of Ireland is delighted to offer a new post-doctoral level scholar award for early career researchers to enable them to complete post-doctoral or professional research or lecturing in the United States for a period ranging from 3 months to a maximum of 12 months.
This Scholarship is available to Irish citizens, or E.U. citizens resident in the Republic of Ireland.
The National University of Ireland (NUI) is a federal university comprising the largest element of the Irish university system at the present time.
National University of Ireland Fulbright Scholar Award Description:
- Application Deadline: November 06, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for Post-doctoral degree.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Awards comprise of:
- A monetary grant that is based on the location and duration of the award
- Accident and emergency insurance.
- Cultural and professional programming. All successful applicants will be required to attend a pre-departure orientation in Dublin.
- A requirement to submit reports.
- And J-1 visa administration. Awardees MUST comply with THE TWO-YEAR HOME-COUNTRY RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT associated with the J-1 visa. Awardees will not be eligible for a U.S. residency or work visa until they have fulfilled the J-1 visa two-year home residency requirement.
- Nationality: This Scholarship is available to Irish citizens, or E.U. citizens resident in the Republic of Ireland.
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Scholarship can be taken in USA
Eligibility for the National University of Ireland Fulbright Scholar Award:
Eligible Countries: This Scholarship is available to Irish citizens, or E.U. citizens resident in the Republic of Ireland.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The Fulbright Irish Scholar Awards are grants for Irish citizens, or E.U. citizens resident in the Republic of Ireland for three or more years, to complete postdoctoral or professional research or lecturing for a period of 3 months up to 1 year. Applicants can choose one of the following four categories of Fulbright Scholar Awards:
- Lecturing: If the primary purpose of the project is to teach or team-teach at least one full semester course. Applicants will be required to submit course syllabi
- Research: If the primary purpose of the project is to conduct research. Applicants will be required to submit a research bibliography
- Lecturing/Research: If the project will include significant portions of both lecturing and research as defined above. Candidates will be required to outline both activities in their project statement, as well as submit course syllabi and a research bibliography
- The Fulbright-HRB Health Impact Award allows professionals to undertake research or professional development
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
National University of Ireland Fulbright Scholar Award Application Procedure:
How to Apply:
Fulbright Scholar applicants must:
- Possess a PhD or five or more years relevant professional experience
- Be an Irish citizen, or E.U. citizen living in ROI for the past 3+ years
- Not be a dual U.S.-Irish citizen, green card holder, or currently living in the U.S.
- Not already have extensive experience of studying or living in the U.S.
In addition, applicants must demonstrate academic and personal excellence, a strong rationale for going to the U.S., a robust program of study or research, strong leadership skills or potential, and an understanding and commitment to the ethos of being a Fulbright. Please note that a number of sponsored awards have more specific eligibility criteria, see the relevant sponsored award flyer for details.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST HERE as soon as the application period opens. We will then issue you the link to the online application system (known as Embark) and the Irish instructions for application.
Fulbright Campus Ambassadors are available to assist Fulbright applicant’s on-campus at 19 Higher Education Institutions around Ireland.