New Zealand Harkness Fellowships for Mid-Career Professionals in USA are open apply now. The new New Zealand Harkness Fellowships is now available for mid-career professionals. This fellowship is awarded in any field of study or vocation (excluding health care policy and practice) to study or research in the United States for between eight and twelve weeks.
The programme has four goals support emerging leaders seeking to better understand emerging disruptive change so they can help build a better public sector.
Their purpose is to enable appointed Fellows to gain first-hand knowledge and build contacts in their chosen field of endeavour that will be highly relevant to the NZ context and future NZ/US links. The Trust Board is working in partnership with the Leadership Development Centre, which is acting on behalf of the NZ Government.
New Zealand Harkness Fellowships for Mid-Career Professionals in USA Description:
- Applications Deadline: October 14, 2019
- Course Level: This fellowship is available for mid-career professionals. The Fellowship is not intended for post-graduate or academic research. It provides an opportunity for emerging leaders in New Zealand to develop their ideas, practices and contacts in the U
- Study Subject: You could be looking at how the rise of cryptocurrencies will impact tax policies or the use of artificial intelligence to deliver better government services. The common theme to the work of our past Harkness Fellows is that they have returned from the US with ideas, knowledge and contacts to apply here to make sure we have a world-class public sector capable of responding to emerging challenges and opportunities.
- Scholarship Award: A fellowship valued at up to NZ$30,000 is offered in 2019 (for an award start date in 2019). New Zealand Harkness Fellowships are intended to contribute towards travel costs (international and domestic), accommodation and per diem expenses. The funds are not intended for the purchase of equipment or any other research costs. Additional costs, in excess of NZ$30,000, must be met by the Fellow and/or their New Zealand employer.
A basic health benefit plan covering a maximum of US$50,000 per sickness or injury.
- The period of your award is a minimum of eight weeks and a maximum of twelve weeks with a 2019 award start date as negotiated with the Harkness Fellowship Trust NZ;
- You must travel on an NZ passport, and US immigration documentation must be completed from within New Zealand;
- You will be expected to take the opportunity to deliver seminars or speak with various groups as opportunities arise;
- You may be required to fulfil some Harkness media requirements before your departure for the US, during your exchange and/or on return to the NZ;
- You must provide Harkness (via Fulbright New Zealand) with copies of any articles or research papers resulting from your Fellowship. A final report must also be completed before you depart from the US.
- Nationality: Students from New Zealand are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the New Zealand Harkness Fellowships for Mid-Career Professionals in USA:
Eligible Countries: Students from New Zealand are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible, you must:
– Be a New Zealand citizen who is currently residing in New Zealand;
– Be an early to mid-career professional active in any part of the public sector;
– Be a potential leader and opinion-formers in your chosen field;
– Have an interest in learning from your experience in the US and be capable of putting to effect in NZ, relevant lessons learned.
The Fellowship is not intended for post-graduate or academic research. It provides an opportunity for emerging leaders in New Zealand to develop their ideas, practices and contacts in the US.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
New Zealand Harkness Fellowships for Mid-Career Professionals in USA Application Procedure:
How to Apply: You must complete and submit the application form below by the application deadline. You must also submit all required support documents to us by the application deadline. These include:
- A CV of no more than four pages;
- A scan of the photo page of your passport;
- A letter of invitation from a potential host organisation in the US;
- A short statement about any previous experience in the US;
- A statement from your employer about your leadership experience and potential;
- A letter from your employer confirming their support for your participation in the programme;
- A one-page project statement; and
- References from three referees (the letter from your employer can count).