Newcastle University is inviting applications for David Goldman PhD Scholarship starting on 1 October 2019 for 3 years. The award is available to UK/EU and non-EU international candidates.
Newcastle University (officially, the University of Newcastle upon Tyne) is a public research university in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North-East of England. The vision is of Newcastle as a civic university with a global reputation for academic excellence.
Students need a good level of English language to study at Newcastle University. English will be the main language you use socially and for study. If English is not their first language they will need to provide a recognised English language test or qualification.
Newcastle University David Goldman PhD Scholarship in UK Description:
- Applications Deadline: July 26, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in Business Innovation focused on research into the Future of Work and starting their studies in 2019/19. Specific projects could include:
- Gender and leadership in the globalized neoliberal university
- Understanding the gender pay gap in academia
- Athena SWAN accreditation and its unintended consequences on gender (in)equality
These will be interdisciplinary opportunities drawing on management, accounting, economics, sociology, anthropology and education.
- Scholarship Award: 100% fees at the UK/EU (home) rate and an annual stipend (living costs) the equal to that provided by ESRC (estimated rate of £14,777 in 2019/19). International students will have to pay a top up in fees between the home rate and the international rate.
- Nationality: The award is available to UK/EU and non-EU international candidates.
- Number of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Newcastle University David Goldman PhD Scholarship in UK:
Eligible Countries: The award is available to UK/EU and non-EU international candidates.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants should have a good Honours degree (first-class or upper-second-class Honours) in an area related to the proposed field of study. Additionally, you must already possess, or expect to receive by Autumn 2019, a Master’s-level qualification, preferably at ‘‘distinction’ level in a relevant subject area.
The award is available to UK/EU and non-EU international candidates. If English is not your first language, you must have IELTS 7.0 (with minimum of 6.5 in the writing, and a 6.0 in all other sub-skills).
International students will have to pay a top up in fees between the home rate and international rate.
The holder of the studentship may also have the opportunity to undertake a small amount of teaching within the school. Payment for this will be at a standard hourly rate in addition to the annual studentship.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language, you must have IELTS 7.0 (with minimum of 6.5 in the writing, and a 6.0 in all other sub-skills).
Application Procedure for Newcastle University David Goldman PhD Scholarship in UK:
How to Apply: You must apply through the University’s online postgraduate application system. To do this please ‘Create a new account’.
Complete mandatory fields and also include the following information:
- Insert the programme code 8240Fin the programme of study section
- Select ‘PhD Newcastle University Business School (full time) – Business’as the programme of study
- Insert the studentship code NUBS003 in the studentship/partnership reference field
- Submit alongside a full and detailed C.V., an outline research proposal of around 1,000 – 2,000 words and a personal statement of around 500 words which sets out your reasons for applying
- Attach degree transcripts and certificates and, if English is not your first language, a copy of your English language qualifications.