Nuffield College Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellowship in Politics for International Students in UK are open apply now. The Nuffield College is awarding Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellowship in Politics with effect from 1 September 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The aim of the competition is to identify and attract candidates who are reaching or have reached the end of their doctorate and have the potential to produce high-quality research and to become world-class scholars in the social sciences.
Nuffield College is a graduate college within the University of Oxford which was founded in 1937 and specialises in the Social Sciences, particularly Economics, Politics, and Sociology. It aims to be one of the world’s outstanding social science institutions, providing a stimulating research orientated environment for postgraduate students, research fellows, and senior academics and promoting, according to its Charter, “the study by co-operation between academic and non-academic persons of social (including economic and political) problems”.
Nuffield College Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellowship in Politics for International Students in UK Description:
- Applications Deadline: September 12, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to study Postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded within the Department of Politics and International Relations.
- Scholarship Award: The posts are full-time and fixed-term for three years, starting on 1 September 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter. Shorter-term appointments are unlikely to be considered. The salary offered is £30,963 per annum (salary for 2018/18; the salary will be adjusted with effect from August 2018 following the agreement of the 2018/19 pay award). Subject to availability, Research Fellows may opt to rent single accommodation in College. Further benefits include a research allowance and free lunch and dinner in College.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to three posts are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Nuffield College Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellowship in Politics for International Students in UK:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
To be eligible, candidates should have completed, or be close to completing, a PhD/DPhil in a relevant field. Candidates must be within three years of the defence date (viva voce examination date) of their doctorate at the time of application. Allowances will be made for career breaks (for example, family-related leave) and candidates are asked to provide relevant information. Preference will be given to candidates who have not previously held a research fellowship similar to that advertised for more than one year at the time of taking up the fellowship. Prospective candidates should also have experience of carrying out independent research and a track record of excellent quality papers appropriate for and commensurate with their career level. They should have the ability to provide excellent teaching to high-achieving students; the willingness to contribute to the intellectual life of the College and the Department; and excellent oral and written communication skills. Teaching experience in any area of Comparative Government, Political Theory, or International Relations would be desirable.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Nuffield College Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellowship in Politics for International Students in UK Application Procedure:
How to Apply: To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the ‘Apply’ link below. This will take you to the Interfolio Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register for an account (if you have not done so previously) and log in before completing an online application.
For the online application you will be asked to complete an application form and a recruitment monitoring form, and to upload the following documents:
- A covering letter explaining how you meet the selection criteria for the Fellowship;
- A Curriculum Vitae including a full list of publications/working papers;
- A one-page description of your current research;
- A one-page description of the research you would plan to undertake as a Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellow; and
- Two samples of your written work (for example, research papers or thesis chapters), including a one-page abstract for each piece.
On the application form, you will be asked to provide the names, postal addresses, and email addresses of at least two academic referees to whom we may write at a later stage in the selection process to request references in support of your application. Please ensure that your nominated referees would be available to provide references in October 2018.