1 PhD Fellowship within Applied Entomology Zanzibar at State University of Zanzibar in Tanzania are open apply now. The Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs is calling for applications for 1 PhD Fellowship within applied entomology, Zanzibar. Fellowship is available for International students.
SUZA aims at elevating its reputation even higher. In addition to its reputation in offering quality education, SUZA strengthens its research undertake in order to globally contribute in generating new knowledge and thus, answering difficult questions that puzzle the world today.
Currently, the University consists of the School of Kiswahili and Foreign Languages (IKFL), School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCOPE), the School of Education (SE), School of Natural and Social Sciences (SNSS) and Computer Centre (CC). Additional institutes and schools will be established in the future as demanded by the Act and as the University grows.
1 PhD Fellowship within Applied Entomology Zanzibar at State University of Zanzibar in Tanzania Description
- Applications Deadline: November 11, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Consultative Research Committee for Development Research (FFU) has recently granted the research project: Environmental sustainability of hotels on Zanzibar (EnSuZa) full support including funding for a PhD fellowship with a focus on non-chemical environmental control of mosquitoes at selected Zanzibar hotels and their immediate surroundings.
- Scholarship Award: Fellowship provides full support including funding for a PhD fellowship.
- Nationality: Fellowship is available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: One fellowship is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Tanzania
Eligibility for the 1 PhD Fellowship within Applied Entomology Zanzibar at State University of Zanzibar in Tanzania
Eligible Countries: Fellowship is available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates are required to hold a relevant Master of Science degree within the field of natural sciences
- Experience with entomological fieldwork is considered essential
- Candidates must have strong communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Willingness to work in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team is a requirement
- Experience from an international research environment is considered an advantage
- Documented knowledge and skills within molecular techniques is considered an asset
English Language Requirements: Candidates must have strong communication skills in English, both oral and written.
1 PhD Fellowship within Applied Entomology Zanzibar at State University of Zanzibar in Tanzania Application Procedure
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted by email to the Principal investigator, Peter Furu, furu-at-sund.ku.dk, before 14.11.2018. Applications received later than this date will not be considered.
Applications must include the following documents:
- Cover letter describing why you wish to undertake this fellowship and how this study may further your career (max. 1 page)
- Short concept note focusing on the subject of environmental management for mosquito control with a particular focus on push-pull techniques and strategies (max. 3 pages, excluding references)
- Recent CV indicating previous and/or current employer(s) and position(s) held, as well as a list of peer-reviewed publications (if any)
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and relevant certificates
- Letters of recommendation from two academicians including phone numbers and e-mail addresses.