The Faculty of Biology and Medicine, University of Lausanne is offering PhD Fellowships in Life Sciences starting May 2019. These fellowships are open to talented and motivated candidates who have or will have obtained Masters in Switzerland or abroad.
The University of Lausanne in Lausanne, Switzerland was founded in 1537 as a school of theology, before being made a university in 1890. Today about 13,500 students and 2,200 researchers study and work at the university.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
PhD Fellowships in Life Science at University of Lausanne in Switzerland Description:
- Applications Deadline: October 12, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Among others : Angiology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, Center for Integrative Genomics, Clinical Neurosciences, Computational Biology, Ecology and Evolution, Fundamental Microbiology, Fundamental Neurosciences, Fundamental Oncology, Gynecology, obstetrics and genetics, Hematology, Infectious Diseases, Ludwig Center For Cancer Research, Medical Genetics, Microbiology, Neuroimmunology, Neurology, Oncology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Physiology, Plant Molecular Biology, Pneumology, Psychiatry, Psychiatric Neuroscience, Public Health, Radiodiagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Rheumatology, Urology
- Nationality: Swiss and international students are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 450 scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility for the PhD Fellowships in Life Science at University of Lausanne in Switzerland:
Eligible Countries: Swiss and international students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Talented and motivated candidates who have or will have obtained Masters in Switzerland or abroad or equivalent degrees in an appropriate field before Autumn 2019 are invited to submit their application for a PhD fellowship before October 12, 2018.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for PhD Fellowships in Life Science at University of Lausanne in Switzerland:
How to Apply: Step 1: Find a host lab
- You have first to choose at least one laboratory (three max.), please browse “Host Labs“,
- Contact thesis directors of interest from the Lausanne University and if they appreciate your CV, ask them to send you a confirmation by email that he/she agrees to act as your potential thesis director,
- You should mention his/her name in your application form.
STEP 2: Fill in the PDF application form
- Download the Application Formon your desktop and fill in it: It must be fully completed! Please note that it is possible to fill out the form directly on the PDF. If you cannot write anything, please look at the top of the internet page and click on “open with another PDF viewer”. Alternatively, you could also print the form, fill it out by hand (make sure it is readable) and scan it.
STEP 3: Prepare your file
Prepare the following documents:
- A complete Curriculum Vitae
- 1 passport size photographC.Copy of your passport or identity cardD. Copies of your high school diploma
E. A certified copy of the university diploma(s) and the diploma supplement, your scores (transcripts) obtained through exams passed at the university (non-certified copies are sufficient for candidates holding a Bachelor and a Master degree awarded by a Swiss university).
D or E: Copies of certified transcripts, listing courses and grades: These transcripts should be translated (if not originally in English) in French, German, Italian or English.
F. We require three referees from preferably different departments and/or institutes/research groups. Each of them should provide a letter of recommendation. On the “Online Form” you have to fill in the three names of the referees you have chosen. As soon as you write their e-mail address, an e-mail with a form will automatically be sent to them. They will then fill it in and send it back directly to us. The recommendation letter should not come from the hosting lab.
- The copy(ies) of the confirmation e-mail(s)sent by the potential(s) thesis director(s)
(see STEP 1).
STEP 4: You are now ready to fill in the “Online Form”!
- Merge in a PDF file the following documents in this order: Application form, A, B, C, D, E and G. Name of the file Name_First Name_Birth Date.pdf (e.g. pdf) Max: 20 Mo (you can zip the document).
- Advice: To merge PDF documents together, you can use this online platform, the Adobe Acrobat XI Pro software or any other software or platform you may find useful. Also, to transform jpeg documents in PDF, you can use this online platform, a PDF printer or any other method you may find useful. Please note that we will NOT take responsibility for the use/misuse of any of these software and platforms.
- Fill-in the “Online Form” and submit (on-line) the requested documents (in the format described in STEP 2 and 3)