The University of Amsterdam is seeking a PhD candidate for a project funded by TKI-U (Topsector Tuinbouw en Uitgangsmaterialen) and Rijk Zwaan to study the molecular mechanisms involved in the development of glandular trichomes and the regulation of volatile terpene production.
The aim of the position is to support students who have strong quantitative skills in computer modelling, analysis of large biodiversity datasets, and/or solid experience in handling Earth observation and remote sensing data.
The University of Amsterdam is a public university located in Amsterdam, Netherlands; it is the third-oldest university in the Netherlands. It is one of the largest research universities in Europe with 31,186 students, 4,794 staff, 1,340 PhD students and an annual budget of €600 million.
PhD Position in Plant Molecular Biology at University of Amsterdam in Netherlands Description:
- Application deadline: 27 July 2018
- Course Level: Position is available for a PhD researcher.
- Study Subject: Position is awarded in the field of Plant Molecular Biology.
- Scholarship Award: The appointment will be on a temporary basis for a period of 4 years (initial appointment will be for a period of 18 months and after a satisfactory evaluation, it can be extended to a total duration of 4 years) and should lead to a dissertation (PhD thesis). We will draft an educational plan, including attendance of courses and (international) meetings. You are also expected to assist in the teaching of undergraduate students.Based on a full-time appointment (38 hours per week) the gross monthly salary will range from €2,266 in the first year to €2,897 in the last year. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
- Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for the position
- Number of Scholarships: Number of position is not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Netherland
Eligibility for the PhD Position in Plant Molecular Biology at University of Amsterdam in Netherlands:
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for the position
- Entrance Requirements: You should have an MSc in plant molecular biology and preferentially have experience in working with DNA, RNA, proteins and plant transformation. Affinity with specialized metabolites is appreciated but not essential. You should have excellent communication skills and be keen to work in collaboration with the breeding industry. You must be capable to work both independently and in a team and be highly motivated to pursue a scientific career.
- English Language Requirements: Applicant must be fluent in English.
Application Procedure for PhD Position in Plant Molecular Biology at University of Amsterdam in Netherlands:
How to Apply: Applications may only be submitted by using the link below.
Your application must include:
- a curriculum vitae;
- a letter of motivation;
- the names and contact addresses of two academic referees from which information about the candidate can be obtained.
Please combine these documents into one single attachment and also mention the months (not just years) in your CV when referring to your education and work experience.
Applications will be accepted until 27 July 2018, interviews will be held in August 2018. #LI-DNP