One of Europe’s strongest research centres in experimental plant biology is seeking a PhD student that will study the plant circadian clock. The position is at the Department of plant physiology.
The aim of the employment for the student is to acquire a PhD and in order to full fill this main objective, to conduct research within the research project and gain relevant research skills through PhD student courses.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
PhD Position in Plant Molecularbiology at Umeå University in Sweden Description:
- Applications Deadline: 27 December 2019
- Course Level: Position is available to pursue PhD research prgramme.
- Study Subject: The position is at the Department of plant physiology.
- Scholarship Award: According to agreements for PhD students. A PhD education comprises 4 years full-time studies (240 ECTS credits).
- Nationality: This scholarship is available to the students of Sweden.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
Eligibility for the PhD Position in Plant Molecularbiology at Umeå University in Sweden:
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available to the students of Sweden.
Entrance Requirements: To be admitted for studies at the third-cycle level the applicant is required to have completed a second-cycle level degree, or completed course requirements of at least 240 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits are at second-cycle level, or have an equivalent education from overseas, or equivalent qualifications. To fulfil the specific entry requirements to be admitted for studies at the third-cycle level in plant physiology and plant molecular biology at Umeå Plant Science Centre, the successful candidate must have completed 90 ECTS credits in biology or chemistry with relevance to biology. Out of this, at least 15 ECTS credits have to be in a subject closely related to the research topic of the graduate programme as well as an independent project work of at least 15 ECTS credits in an area relevant for the project.
We would prefer candidates with a master’s degree within the Forest Biotechnology program or equivalent.
It is of added merit if you also have experience from:
- experimental work including screening and genotyping of plants with altered genes
- molecular biology techniques for cloning
- transformation of E. coli and plants
- gene expression studies with qRT-PCR
- time series analyses of plant gene expression through reporter genes
- transient expression of epitope-tagged proteins
- Western blot analysis
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
PhD Position in Plant Molecularbiology at Umeå University in Sweden Application Procedure:
How to Apply: The application should contain the following documents:
- A personal letter describing yourself, your specific research interests and your reason for applying to this position
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- a certified copy of grades and degree certificates
- copies of relevant work such as bachelor’s or master’s thesis or articles that you have authored or co-authored;
- the contact information of at least two notified references, familiar with the applicant’s qualifications
The application may be written in Swedish or English and should be submitted via the Umeå University digital application system Barbie on 2019-12-27 at the latest.