Ph.D. Scholarship in Material Synthesis for Catalysis DTU in Denmark are open apply now. A Ph.D. fellowship is now available within inorganic materials research at DTU Chemistry, Technical University of Denmark.
The inorganic materials research area at DTU Chemistry is applying an application-oriented research strategy and employs currently about 15-20 PhD students and postdocs in an international environment.
The project will be linked to collaborative research projects in the department with other university partners and the chemical industry. The position will involve the synthesis of inorganic, metal-organic, and nanostructured materials, as well as detailed structural characterization, and catalyst testing.
The project has a strong dimension of application of international large-scale facilities for materials characterization. These experiments will be performed at neutron sources and synchrotrons located in Europe, USA, and Japan. You are expected to be actively engaged in all aspects of these experiments.
PhD Scholarship in Material Synthesis for Catalysis DTU in Denmark Description:
• Application Deadline: November 11, 2018.
• Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD Degree program.
• Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study in Chemistry.
• Scholarship Award: DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
• Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
• Nationality: The scholarship is available for Denmark citizens.
• Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the PhD Scholarship in Material Synthesis for Catalysis DTU in Denmark:
• Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for Denmark citizens.
• Entrance Requirements:
• The highly motivated candidate should have a master’s degree or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in chemistry or chemical engineering.
• The candidate should have a strong background in experimental chemistry and commitment to research. Only applicants, who seek to be among the brightest in their field and do science at the highest international level, will be considered.
• The candidate should have a solid background in synthetic inorganic chemistry and crystallography. A background in catalysis and characterization of nanostructured materials is considered an advantage.
• Candidates should have the ability to work independently, to plan and carry out complicated tasks, and to be a part of a large, dynamic group. Good communication skills in both written and spoken English are expected.
PhD Scholarship in Material Synthesis for Catalysis DTU in Denmark Application Procedure:
How to Apply: The application must be submitted as one pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one pdf file. The file must include:
• A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
• Curriculum vitae
• At least one recommendation letter from a previous supervisor(s)
• Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
• Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system
• Candidates may apply prior to obtaining their master’s degree but cannot begin before having received it.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.