A PhD scholarship is available in the area of Microbial Ecology at the University of Antwerp. The applicant will work on the project “Microbial ecosystem functioning at oxic-anoxic interfaces in peatlands”. Applicants contribute to teaching and research in the Department of Biology and Faculty of Sciences (supervision of practical courses, MSc- and Erasmus-students).
The University of Antwerp is one of the major Belgian universities located in the city of Antwerp. The name is abbreviated as UAntwerp, as the abbreviation UA should no longer be used.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
PhD Scholarship in Microbial Ecology at University of Antwerp Description:
- Application Deadline: May 13, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Microbial Ecology.
- Scholarship Award:
A doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
The starting date of the scholarship will be 1 October 2019;
A gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.324,20 to € 2.469,08;
Adynamic and stimulating work environment.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the PhD Scholarship in Microbial Ecology at University of Antwerp:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Belgium are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
Students hold a Master’s degree in Biological Sciences or Bioscience Engineering.
Students have excellent skills in scientific writing in English.
Student’s academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy;
Student’s teaching approach aligns with the educational vision of the university.
Experience in a subset of the above listed microbial or biogeochemical techniques is an advantage.
Students in the final year of their degree can apply.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Application Procedure for PhD Scholarship in Microbial Ecology at University of Antwerp:
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.