For the academic year 2018/2019 (Cycle XXXIV) the University of Cagliari (UniCa) is delighted to announce PhD scholarships to study in Italy. These scholarships are available to Italian and Foreign citizens.
CRS4 is an interdisciplinary research centre, founded by the Sardinia Autonomous Region on 1990, whose sole shareholder is the regional agency Sardegna Ricerche.
The centre promotes the study, development and application of innovative solutions to problems stemming from natural, social and industrial environments. Information Society and Technology and High-Performance Computing are the supporting foundations. Since 2003, the center is located within Science and Technology Park (Polaris), a point of attraction for high-tech research in the Comune of Pula, about 40 km from Cagliari.
PhD Scholarships for Italian and Foreign Citizens at University of Cagliari in Italy Description:
- Applications Deadline: August 27, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Under the framework agreement with the University of Cagliari, the CRS4 funds 5 PhD scholarships in the following research fields:
- System theory and IoT paradigms for cybersecurity of industrial control systems and critical infrastructures (ELECTRONIC AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING)
- Understanding cancer evolution by Next Generation Sequencing (MOLECULAR AND TRANSLATIONAL MEDICINE)
- Mathematical Modeling and Scientific Computing on Large-Scale Problems (MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE)
- Scalable Technologies for Visual and Geometric Computing (MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE)
- Data-intensive methods and techniques for scientific and industrial problems (MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE).
- Scholarship Award: The annual amount of the scholarship is € 15,343.28 gross of tax deduction (INPS “Gestione Separate” to the beneficiary: 1/3) and net of the University deduction (2/3). The amount of the scholarship is increased up to 50%, for a maximum period of 18 months, if the Academic Board authorizes a PhD student to carry out study and research activities abroad, in other universities or research institutes.
- Nationality: These scholarships are available to Italian and Foreign citizens.
- Number of Scholarships: Available scholarships are 87:
- 64 are financed by UniCa with funds by MIUR reserved for postgraduate scholarships (16 of them are reserved for foreign candidates holding a degree issued abroad);
- 1 is funded by the National Institute for Nuclear Physics (Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare, INFN);
- 1 is funded by the National Institute for Astrophysics
- Cagliari Astronomical Observatory (Istituto Nazionale di Astrofisica – Osservatorio Astronomico di Cagliari, INAF-OAC);
- 2 are funded by the Department of Civil Engineering and Architecture (DICAAR);
- 6 are funded by the Department of Electric and Electronic Engineering (DIEE);
- 2 are funded by the Department of Mechanical, Chemical and Material Engineering (DIMCM);
- 2 are funded by the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (DIMI);
- 1 is funded by the Department of Economic and Business Science (DISEA);
- 2 are funded by IGEA S.p.A. (Research project: C.E.S.A.);
- 5 are funded by CRS4 S.r.l.;
- 1 is funded by the Regional Ethnographic Higher Institution (Istituto Superiore Regionale Etnografico, ISRE).
The available positions are 107: 71 are ordinary and 16 are reserved positions for foreign candidates holding a degree obtained abroad.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the PhD Scholarships for Italian and Foreign Citizens at University of Cagliari in Italy:
Eligible Countries: These scholarships are available to Italian and Foreign citizens.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Admission to PhD programmes is open to graduates, regardless of nationality, holding (ref. to the Italian university system):
– A degree awarded according to the Italian Ministerial Decree no. 270/2004;
– A degree awarded according to the Italian Ministerial Decree no. 509/1999;
– A degree awarded according to the regulations established before the Italian Ministerial Decree no. 509/1999;
– Academic qualification (2nd cycle university degree: Master-level) issued by a foreign university recognized as equivalent. The foreign university degree must be evaluated suitable and equivalent, in terms of duration, level of degree and fields of study to the degree listed above and providing access to PhD programmes in the awarding country.
The Examination Board will deliberate on equivalence, in compliance with the current legislation in Italy and in the Country where it was issued, and with international treaties or agreements concerning the recognition of qualifications for further studies for the sole purpose of admission to the PhD programme.
Admission is also open to students who are going to graduate not later than 31st October 2018. These candidates will be admitted with reservation and will submit a certificate (only for degrees obtained abroad) or a self-declaration of their graduation together with a copy of a valid ID.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for PhD Scholarships for Italian and Foreign Citizens at University of Cagliari in Italy:
How to Apply: To participate in the selection, candidates can apply through the online procedure available on the webpage ‘Servizi Online’ of UniCa website.
Foreign applicants holding a university degree issued abroad must fill in the online application and upload the following documents in PDF format (each file not exceeding 1 MB):
- Certificate attesting the award of a 2nd level foreign degree needed to access a PhD programme,
- Including exams and marks, with a translation in Italian or English;
- Certificate attesting the award of a 1st level foreign degree, including exams and marks, with a translation in Italian or English; signed Curriculum Vitae preferably in EU format, in English or Italian;
- One or more reference letter(s), in English or Italian, on institution letterhead paper, written and signed by a university professor or expert in the PhD scientific area(s) (up to 3 letters admitted);
- Additional qualifications, certifications, publications (up to 5) and work experiences, detailed in- English or in Italian;
- Form requesting the interview by teleconference (if needed);
- Two-sided coloured copy of a valid ID, with a clear photo.