The University of Sheffield is delighted to offer PhD Studentship in Visualizing, exploiting and experiencing global data on children’s media use. UK, EU and International Students are eligible to apply.
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School (founded in 1828), Firth College (1879) and Sheffield Technical School (1884).
Students may be required to take an internationally recognised English language test such as IELTS.
PhD Studentship at University of Sheffield in UK Description:
- Application Deadline: April 19, 2019
- Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The studentship is offered in Visualizing, exploiting and experiencing global data on children’s media use.
- The project will focus on:
- a) How this can be done across a range of modes and media, such as visualisation, projection mapping and virtual reality;
b) The limits and limitations of these modes and media and of the data themselves;
c) How to address these limitations. The project will result in novel ways to make use of and engage with media audience data.
Scholarship Award: A standard studentship consists of academic fees paid at standard Research Council rates, a doctoral stipend and a Research Training Support Grant
To be eligible for a full award (stipend and fees), you must:
- Have settled status in the UK, meaning there are no restrictions on how long you can stay.
- Have been ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK for three years prior to the start of the studentship grant. This means you must have been normally residing in the UK (apart from temporary or occasional absences).
- Not have been residing in the UK wholly or mainly for the purpose of full-time education. This does not apply to UK and EU nationals.
National Doctoral Stipend for 2019-2019 is £14,777
- Nationality: UK, EU and International Students are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the PhD Studentship at University of Sheffield in UK:
Eligible Countries: UK/EU and International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- 2:1 honours degree, or equivalent, in a relevant subject area
English language requirements:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) – 7 overall, 7 writing, 6 other sections
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Internet based test – 100 overall, 25 writing, 22 other sections
Application Procedure for PhD Studentship at University of Sheffield in UK:
How to Apply: Selection will be determined by:
- Formal application, CV, references and transcripts of first degree;
- Personal statement;
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a formal interview.
To apply please take a look at our available projects and complete an online application form (University of Leeds webpage).
Please note that all applications will come through the University of Leeds in the first instance, however, the location of the PhD will be as stated in the project description.
- For ‘Application type’ select ‘Research Degrees – Research Postgraduate’
- For ‘Planned Course of Study’ select ‘Integrated PhD Data Analytics and Society’
- Enter the reference number and title of the project or projects you wish to apply for. (you can apply for multiple projects using the same application form)
- Include a statement of motivation. Identify your preferred project and explain why it interests you and how your current qualifications and skills map onto the requirements for your chosen project
- Include a CV and transcripts of your first degree as well as certificate for any English language qualifications.
- Please contact your referees and ask them to complete our recommendation form and to return these directly to Eleri Pound (CDT Manager) by email or post.