Maudsley Biomedical Research Centre is inviting applications for fully funded 3-year PhD studentships Translational Research in Mental Health and Neuroscience starting in October 2019. Home/EU students are eligible to apply.
The studentship aims is to pioneer multidisciplinary translational research and experimental medicine in the areas of mental health and neuroscience.
Maudsley Biomedical Research Centre aims to support and train the next generation of clinical and non-clinical researchers who will help deliver transformative changes in mental health care.
PhD Studentships at Maudsley Biomedical Research Centre in UK Description:
- Application Deadline: April 25, 2019
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Studentships are awarded in neuroscience; psychology; biological science; physical science; epidemiology; mathematics; applied and health statistics; data science; machine and deep learning; natural language processing; text analytics
These studentships are offered in the following BRC research areas:
- Biomarkers and Genomics (1 x 3-year PhD studentship)
- Clinical and Population Informatics (1 x 3-year PhD studentship)
- Bioinformatics (1 x 3-year PhD studentship)
- Bioinformatics and Statistics (1 x 3.5 year PhD studentship)
- Obesity, Lifestyle and Learning from Extreme Populations (3 x 3-year PhD studentships)
- Scholarship Award: Funding is available for up to seven 3-year PhD studentships to commence October 2019. The award covers academic fees (Home/EU rate); a stipend (£16,777 per year) and a generous contribution towards training, conference attendance and research costs.
- Nationality: Home/EU students are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the PhD Studentships at Maudsley Biomedical Research Centre in UK:
Eligible Countries: Home/EU students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The NIHR Maudsley BRC funding supports Home/EU students. Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications from non-EU / international candidates.
If you are unsure about your eligibility status, please contact the King’s Admissions team
The programme is very competitive and applicants must have, or be predicted to obtain at least a 2.1 or higher in a relevant science subject.
Students who do not meet the above primary criteria may apply if they satisfy the following conditions:
- A 2.2 BSc degree and a research-based MSc in a relevant subject with Merit or Distinction
- A 2.1 or higher non-science first degree (BA) and a MSc in a relevant subject with Merit or Distinction
English Language Requirements: Applicants for these studentships must meet the King’s College London English language requirements.
Further information is available on the English language entry requirements page.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted via the King’s College London on-line application system
First, register to use the online application system at King’s Apply
Next, complete our postgraduate online application form
If you are unable to access the online postgraduate application form, please contact the King’s Admissions team for advice.
Please include your personal statement in this section. Please keep your personal statement concise and note that the following must be included:
- Tell us why you would like to apply for this programme (maximum 200 words)
- Tell us about any relevant research experience, including employment (maximum 200 words)
- If you have published work (including reports or other outputs) please provide full reference/s for your publication/s.
If you wish, you may attach your supporting statement as a separate document with the on-line application. Please ensure you keep to the above specified word limits.