Faculty of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) is inviting applications for PhD Studentships at The Open University in the UK. International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
The aim of the studentship is to provide financial help to students from all around the world.
The Open University is the UK’s largest academic institution and a world pioneer in distance learning. To date, we’ve taught more than two million students worldwide.
PhD Studentships in STEM Field for International Students in UK Description:
- Applications Deadline: August 10, 2018
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The available scholarship is on the topic of adaptive IoT based software for food security, as described below.
The Department provides an outstanding research environment with research in the areas of Language, Multimedia and Network technologies; Human-Centered Computing; Design and Software Engineering; and Technology Education. You will be part of the Software Engineering and Design Group and will work in collaboration with members of the group and its several research projects.
- Scholarship Award: Studentships cover tuition fees and a stipend of around £14,000 per year. This is a full-time three-year studentship and you would be required to live in the UK and usually within 25 miles commuting distance of the Milton Keynes OU campus. You will be allocated office space and computer facilities in the Department and receive funding for research expenses, training and conference participation.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
- Number of Scholarships: One studentship is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the PhD Studentships in STEM Field for International Students in UK:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
We are looking for highly motivated candidates who have a good honours degree at a minimum of 2:1 or equivalent in Computer Science or related subject, with excellent programming skills. Ideally, you will have prior experience of academic research, possibly at Masters level or beyond.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for PhD Studentships in STEM Field for International Students in UK:
How to Apply: Your application should comprise a 600-1000 words research proposal and a covering letter outlining your suitability for your chosen project. We must also receive a completed application form, your CV, copies of relevant degree certificates and transcripts and a copy of your SELTS test results (if applicable), before we can consider your application.