Applications are invited for a research/coaching period with the ScienceCampus EEGA in Leipzig, Halle or Jena. The Leibniz ScienceCampus EEGA supports successful applicants substantially in form of coaching sessions and workshops as well as financially in form of individual scholarships.
The Leibniz Science Campus„ Eastern Europe – Global Area“ (EEGA) is an overall integrative platform and collaborative research network that focuses on the development of new research perspectives on Eastern Europe’s changing role in current and historical processes of globalization.
Postdoc Grants for International Students in Germany Description:
- Application Deadline: June 1, 2018
- Course Level: Grants are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The EEGA focuses on five Research Areas:
- Research Area 1: Mobilities and Migration Regimes in Eastern Europe (Coordination: Judith Miggelbrink and Helena Flam)
- Research Area 2: The Self-Positioning of Eastern Europe in a New World Order In-The-Making (Coordination: Frank Hadler and Matthias Middell)
- Research Area 3: Business Strategies and Frameworks of Political Economies (Coordination: Sebastian Henn, Thomas Glauben and Thorsten Posselt)
- Research Area 4: Cultural and Intellectual Perspectives and Identifications (Coordination: Jürgen Heyde, Yvonne Kleinmann and Stefan Troebst)
- Research Area 5: Eastern Europe in Times of Europeanisation (Coordination: Gert Pickel and Holger Lengfeld)
- Scholarship Award: The Leibniz ScienceCampus EEGA supports successful applicants substantially in form of coaching sessions and workshops as well as financially in form of individual scholarships (based on the current rates for research fellowships of the German Research Foundation (DFG)). Rates are defined individually, related to origin and employment situation of the scholarship holder, as well as the duration of the stay in Leipzig, Halle or Jena. Fellowships are intended to cover the recipients’ costs of living in the Leipzig-Jena-Halle science region and may not be used to supplement grants from other funding organizations or income from employment.
- Nationality: International Students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in German
Eligibility for the Postdoc Grants for International Students in Germany:
Eligible Countries: International Students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
We invite for applications for a research/coaching period with the ScienceCampus EEGA in Leipzig, Halle or Jena. The stay may serve the preparation of an application for more extended funding by a national or international science foundation active in the field. The stay at EEGA (Leipzig, Halle, Jena) includes individual coaching by experienced senior researchers and group sessions on intellectual, administrative, organizational and time-specific aspects of writing convincing funding applications and project proposals for submission at third-party funding institutions. Applications must be related institutionally to one of the EEGA partner institutions (directly or through existing cooperations) and topically to the research focus of one or more research areas. Preparatory contact with the respective research area coordinators is advised. As EEGA is devoted to interdisciplinary approaches, applications which connect more than one member institution of the ScienceCampus are highly welcome. The support of visits for the execution of individual research projects unrelated to EEGA activities is not foreseen.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for Postdoc Grants for International Students in Germany:
How to Apply: Applications must include:
- EEGA Application Form
- CV (incl. Publication List)
- Discussion of potential funding institutions for the envisaged research project (100 – 300 words)
Please submit your application as one PDF (max. 18 pages, 10 MB) to leibniz-eega-at-ifl-leipzig.de and consider the notes for the specific funding measures the EEGA provides.