Postdoctoral Fellowship for International Students in USA are open apply now. The University of Hawai‘i at Manoa School of Pacific and Asian Studies/Center for Korean Studies is happy to announce Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa. Fellowships are available for International students.
The purpose of the fellowship is to enable the continuation of research and publication.
The Center for Korean Studies coordinates and develops resources for the study of Korea at the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa. The Center seeks to promote interdisciplinary and intercultural approaches to Korean studies. Its faculty draws scholars from disciplines as diverse as communication, economics, geography, history, language, linguistics, literature, political science, sociology, music, and urban and regional planning.
Postdoctoral Fellowship for International Students in USA Description
- Applications Deadline: January 14, 2020
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Korean studies. The fellowship is open to scholars from all fields of Korean studies, including literature, history, sociology, political science, and anthropology.
- Scholarship Award: The selected fellow will receive a monthly stipend of $3,750.00 for twelve months with no additional benefits.
- Nationality: Fellowships are available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA (The fellow will be required to reside in the Honolulu area during the time at the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa and is expected to participate actively in the intellectual life of the Center for Korean Studies).
Eligibility for the Postdoctoral Fellowship for International Students in USA
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
At a minimum, the applicant should hold a PhD by June 1, 2020, and should have not received the degree more than five years prior. Desirable qualifications include the ability to speak, read, and write in English and Korean with a professional working proficiency.
Postdoctoral Fellowship for International Students in USA Application Procedure
How to Apply: Applicants must submit the following to kscore-at-hawaii.edu with the subject line to read “Postdoc_surname_given name”:
- Cover letter to the Search Committee indicating interest in the position.
2. Curriculum vitae.
3. Dissertation abstract.
4. Research statement. Please include the research that would be accomplished during the fellowship (not more than two pages, single spaced).
5. Two letters of recommendation. The applicant must request that the letter writers (or the dossier service) email the recommendation letters directly to kscore-at-hawaii.edu.
6. High-quality copies or scans of transcripts showing degrees and coursework.