The Max Planck Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids is inviting applications for Postdoctoral Fellows in Solid State Chemistry. Two positions concern the thin film growth as main emphasis and a third one is dedicated to their analysis and characterisation.
The Technical University Dresden (TUD) is one of the largest “Technical Universities” in Germany and one of the leading and most dynamic universities in Germany. As a full-curriculum university with 18 faculties in five schools, it offers a broad variety of 122 disciplines and covers a wide research spectrum. Its focuses of Biomedicine, Bioengineering, Materials sciences, Information technology, Microelectronics as well as Energy and Environment are considered exemplary in Germany and throughout Europe.
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Germany Description:
- Application Deadline: This call is open up to March 31, 2019, or until the positions are occupied.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Solid State Chemistry. in the field of Thin Intermetallic Films of Heusler Compounds for Spintronics and Topological Phenomena.
The Postdoctoral fellows will cover the fields of:
- Sputter deposition of intermetallic thin films,
- MBE layer by layer growth of intermetallic thin films,
- Characterisation of thin films,
- Angular resolved photoelectron spectroscopy
Scholarship Award: Two positions concern the thin film growth as the main emphasis and a third one are dedicated to their analysis and characterization.
You will participate in the ongoing in-house research programme and will be encouraged to develop your personal research programme in emerging areas of condensed matter physics and materials science.
Our Working Conditions
- Contract of 24 months, renewable for a further 12 to 36-month period.
- The salary will be according to the conditions of the German federal labour agreement (entry level TVöD-13).
- The MPI-CPFS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
- Nationality: All nationalities
- Number of Scholarships: Two positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Postdoctoral Fellowship in Germany:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Your Profile, Skills, and Experience
- PhD in physics, chemistry, materials, or closely related science obtained less than 3 years ago,
- a strong background in thin film techniques is essential,
- Proficiency with other complementary laboratory techniques as mentioned above is desirable,
- Experience with research at large scale facilities,
- Ability to interact with multi-disciplinary staff at the border between physics and chemistry,
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize,
- English proficiency (working language in the group), German is of advantage for communication with our technical personal.
English Language Requirements: English proficiency (working language in the group), German is of advantage for communication with our technical personal is required.
Application Procedure for Postdoctoral Fellowship in Germany:
How to Apply: This call is open up to March 31, 2019, or until the positions are occupied.
Please send your complete application documents to:
Dr Gerhard H. Fecher
Department of Solid State Chemistry
Max Planck Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids