Postdoctoral Positions at Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Canada are open apply now. The Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics is awarding postdoctoral positions, including named fellowships, from new and recent PhDs working in fundamental theoretical physics. These positions are available for international students.
Perimeter Institute offers a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment with maximum research freedom and opportunity to collaborate within and across fields.
Perimeter Institute is a leading centre for scientific research, training and educational outreach in foundational theoretical physics. Founded in 1999 in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, its mission is to advance our understanding of the universe at the most fundamental level, stimulating the breakthroughs that could transform our future. Perimeter also trains the next generation of physicists through innovative programs, and shares the excitement and wonder of science with students, teachers and the general public.
Postdoctoral Positions at Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Canada Description:
- Applications Deadline: November 1, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The areas of research include:
- Particle physics;
- Quantum condensed matter;
- Classical gravity;
- Mathematical physics;
- Quantum fields and strings;
- Quantum foundations;
- Quantum information;
- Quantum gravity;
as well as connections and overlaps between these areas.
- Nationality: These positions are available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: As a postdoctoral researcher at Perimeter Institute, you will be a welcome participant in a thriving research international community which includes 45 full-time and associate faculty members, 51 Distinguished Visiting Research Chairs, 58 Postdoctoral Researchers, 54 Graduate Students, and 35 master’s-level students participating in Perimeter Scholars International.
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Postdoctoral Positions at Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Canada:
Eligible Countries: These positions are available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Most postdoctoral positions are offered for a period of three years. You may also be eligible for a named 4-year postdoctoral fellowship including the Jocelyn Bell Burnell, Yvonne Choquet-Bruhat, Stephen Hawking, and Chien-Shiung Wu fellowships. Senior 5-year fellowships are also available. Fellowships may in addition be offered jointly between Perimeter and partner institutes and universities.
Perimeter Institute offers a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment with maximum research freedom and opportunity to collaborate within and across fields. We welcome applications from highly creative and intellectually adventurous theorists. Perimeter offers you:
- Comprehensive support including a generous research and travel fund,
- Opportunities to invite visiting collaborators,
- Help and support for organizing workshops and conferences.
- A mentoring system that provides you with feedback and support to flourish as an independent researcher.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Postdoctoral Positions at Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Canada Application Procedure:
How to Apply: Please submit:
- Your curriculum vitae
- A statement of research interests
- A list of your publications
In addition, please arrange for three letters of reference to be sent on your behalf. Please submit your application (including recommendation letters) through Perimeter Institute’s online application form.