Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at University of Cape Town South Africa are open apply now. The University of Cape Town invites applications for a postdoctoral research fellowship to work on an innovative project on renewable energy that will be jointly implemented by the ERC and University of Oxford. The Fellowship is available to South Africa students.
This fellowship aims to provide an academic career development opportunity for a talented young academic with an interest in the advancement of the renewable energy sector.
The University of Cape Town is a public research university located in Cape Town in the Western Cape province of South Africa. UCT was founded in 1829 as the South African College making it the oldest higher education institute in South Africa.
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at University of Cape Town South Africa Description:
Applications Deadline: September 28, 2020
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Research program.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded to do work on an innovative project on Renewable energy.
Scholarship Award: The value of the postdoctoral fellowship is R250 000 for a full academic year.
Nationality: The Fellowship is available to South Africa students.
Number of Scholarships: Not given
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at University of Cape Town South Africa:
Eligible Countries: The Fellowship is available to South Africa students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Excellent skills in the collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data;
- Relevant skills in the development of instruments for collecting qualitative (such as conducting research interviews) and quantitative data;
- Knowledge in one or more of focal areas of the project (business models, governing institutions and community engagement;
- Basic knowledge of statistical methods and associated software such as SPSS;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent communication skills in written and oral English and demonstrated the ability to write papers and reports;
- Willingness to travel to Zambia and Uganda, and to interact and manage relationships with stakeholder communities;
- Ability to work under pressure subject to deadlines and high professional and academic standards.
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at University of Cape Town South Africa Application Procedure:
How to Apply:
- A letter of application that includes areas of expertise, research interests and experience;
- A curriculum vitae including details of any conference presentations, working papers and/or scholarly outputs;
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and;
- Either name (or contact details) OR letters of reference from at least 2 academics who have taught/supervised alongside the candidate.