Postdoctoral Research Fellowships at University of Oxford in UK are open apply now. All Souls College is now accepting applications for Postdoctoral Research Fellowships tenable from October 2019. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
The primary duty of a Postdoctoral Research Fellow is to pursue in Oxford an independent programme of advanced study and research for publication as approved by the College at the time of election.
The College is governed in accordance with its Statutes, which are approved by the Privy Council, and more detailed By-Laws as approved by the Governing Body. All full Fellows of the College are members of the Governing Body, which meets on average five times a year: once each term to deal with general matters, and twice a year to elect new Fellows.
Postdoctoral Research Fellowships at University of Oxford in UK Description:
- Applications Deadline: September 7, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in one in each of the following subjects: Literature in English; Mathematics; Modern Languages; and Social and Political Sciences (limited to Politics and International Relations, Social Anthropology, and Sociology).
- Scholarship Award: Stipend: The annual stipend is £41,231 to £44,052 (including housing allowance). For those who live in College or who are otherwise not eligible for the housing allowance, the annual stipend is £31,698 to £34,519. The exact stipend varies according to amount of teaching undertaken. To qualify for the higher rate of pay in any academic year (i.e. £44,052 if housing allowance is included), a Fellow must undertake to give not fewer than sixteen lectures in the University in that year. Pay will be on a pro-rated intermediate scale if fewer lectures are given. These stipends are paid on the basis that the Fellow is engaged full-time on the research for which the Fellow is elected. The Fellowship may not be held in conjunction with another Fellowship or funding and should a Fellow receive remuneration from other sources, the College may adjust his or her stipend accordingly.
Housing Allowance/Finance/Accommodation: Subject to availability, the College may be able to offer at no charge single residential accommodation in the College or one of its annexes, but this is a taxable benefit and no housing allowance will be paid. A Post-Doctoral Research Fellow living out of College but within 25 miles of Oxford is eligible for a pensionable housing allowance of £9,533 per annum. The College operates a joint equity scheme for purchasing property which is available to Fellows re-locating to Oxford.
Pension: The College is a member of the USS pension scheme in which Postdoctoral Research Fellows will be enrolled automatically.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to four fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Postdoctoral Research Fellowships at University of Oxford in UK:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Normally, the College will only accept applications from those who have been awarded their doctorate since 1 August 2019 or expect to have been awarded their doctorate by 1 October 2019. (Doctoral award should be taken as the date of the successful defence of your doctoral dissertation at a viva voceexamination, or where there is no viva, the date of award on the degree certificate.) If you believe there are special reasons (e.g. grave illness, parental leave) why you think these normal eligibility criteria should be waived in your case, you are encouraged to submit your application well before the 7 September 2019 deadline, including details for consideration by the Eligibility Panel.
Applications are particularly welcome from women and from black and minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented in academic posts in Oxford.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for Postdoctoral Research Fellowships at University of Oxford in UK:
How to Apply: You should apply by completing the online application form accessed via the College website (Appointments pages) by 4 pm (UK time), Friday, 7 September 2019. You must submit with your application:
- A curriculum vitae;
- A short thesis abstract (200 to 500 words maximum);
- A statement of proposed work (1,000 words maximum, including references, figures and bibliography): a clear and comprehensive statement of your proposed course of future research work during the five years of the Fellowship. If you intend to spend part of the Fellowship preparing your thesis for publication you should say so in your application and give an estimate of how much time that may take.
- A sample of written work (10,000 words maximum, including references and bibliography) to serve as evidence of your qualities as a scholar and researcher. This should be a published paper, an extract from the thesis, or equivalent.
NOTE: Each document submitted for items (i) to (iv) above must be in English, combined in a single PDF file, unsigned and not encrypted.
- The names and addresses of two referees who have agreed to give a confidential assessment of your work.