Postdoctoral Researcher in Deep Learning-Based Functional Annotation at BASF and Ghent University are open apply now. The Ghent University is seeking a highly motivated and critical full-time researcher position in the deep learning-based functional annotation at BASF and Ghent University.
The Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
Postdoctoral Researcher in Deep Learning-Based Functional Annotation at BASF and Ghent University Description:
- Application Deadline: September 28, 2020
- Course Level: Grants are available to pursue the researcher program.
- Study Subject: Full-Time researcher position in the deep learning-based functional annotation at BASF and Ghent University.
- Number of Scholarships: Not known
- Nationality: Grant is Available for Belgian students.
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Postdoctoral Researcher in Deep Learning-Based Functional Annotation at BASF and Ghent University:
- Eligible Countries: Grant is Available for Belgian students.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Post-doctoral research and development (6-months + 2-year appointment)
- Write and submit a funding application for applying emerging deep learning techniques to the problem of functional gene annotation
- Implement a deep learning platform for biotech data analysis, improving the current computational pipeline used
- Pro-actively and regularly report results and updates to the project lead during project meetings
- Work closely with computer scientists, data scientists, and life scientists in both academia and industry
- Who You Are:
- PhD degree in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, (bio-)statistics, mathematics, or related fields
- Proven ability to analyze (large) datasets with shallow/deep machine learning techniques
- Good programming skills in languages such as Python or R
- Experience with a high-performance UNIX-based cluster environment is a plus
- Experience with a deep learning framework (e.g., TensorFlow, Keras, MyTouch) is a plus
- A background in genomics and plant biology is a plus
- Excellent in working in interdisciplinary teams with an international character
- Proficient verbal, written, and presentation skills in English.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Job Description: For a joint project of BASF Agricultural Solutions Innovation Center Gent and Ghent University, we are looking for a deep learning expert who will develop and implement deep learning methodologies using large-scale and diverse genomics data to characterize and predict protein function. The candidate will be funded firstly by BASF for 6 months for defining a funding application, which will be used to fund her/him for another 2-year research period.
Postdoctoral Researcher in Deep Learning-Based Functional Annotation at BASF and Ghent University Application Procedure:
How to Apply: Applications should include:
(1) An academic/professional resume, including bibliography and project experience,
(2) A personal motivation letter, and
(3) At least two reference contacts. After a first screening, selected candidates will be invited for an interview (possibly via Skype). Starting date: December 2020 (negotiable).